This is the second online Mini Series I have done, and I have found both so convenient and flexible as they allow me to work around my small children.
I enjoyed it and enjoyed being able to do at my own pace. It’s much easier to do the webinars when I have quiet time at home or in practice.
- Process of triage and general principles of first aid
- How to safely handle and examine injured mammals brought to your practice
- How to safely handle and examine injured avian species brought to the veterinary practice
- You have a whole year’s access to recorded sessions and study notes for reviewing key points
- Superb value for money - you learn without travelling or paying for accommodation, childcare or petcare
- Watch the live meetings OR the recordings on your mobile, PC or tablet
- Self-assessment quiz to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification
Introduction to Wildlife Medicine – ethical and legal considerations, first aid and emergency care, triage and treatment
- Describe the triage process
- Discuss the welfare decisions required when treating and rehabilitating wildlife
- List some of the important UK wildlife legislation and how it affects decisions regarding the veterinary treatment of wildlife
- Outline the general principles of first aid in the treatment of wild animals
- Know how and when to euthanase humanely the common wildlife species encountered
- Briefly list the main principles and methods of wildlife rehabilitation and release
Veterinary care of mammal casualties and commonly encountered conditions
- Be able to identify suitable housing and welfare needs for common wildlife casualty mammal species
- Know appropriate short-term diets for the main mammal species encountered
- Identify the risks to human health from mammal wildlife casualties
- List the basic principles of hand rearing wild neonatal mammals
- List some of the common conditions and diseases seen in UK wildlife mammal species and their diagnosis and treatment
Veterinary care of avian casualties and commonly encountered conditions
- Be able to identify suitable housing and welfare needs for common wildlife casualty avian species
- Know appropriate short-term diets for the main avian species encountered
- Identify the risks to human health from avian wildlife casualties
- List the basic principles of hand rearing wild neonatal birds
- Know some of the common conditions and diseases seen in UK wildlife avian species and their diagnosis and treatment
RCVS Recognised Specialist in Zoo and Wildife Medicine
Dr Keeble graduated from Bristol University in 1994, working in mixed veterinary practice, wildlife rehabilitation and exotic pet practice before joining Edinburgh University, Dick Vet Rabbit and Exotic Animal Practice in 1999. She was also Veterinary surgeon for the Royal Zoological Society of Scotland’s Edinburgh Zoo for 10 years. She gained her RCVS Diploma in Zoological Medicine in 2006 and RCVS Specialist status in 2007. She is currently Senior lecturer and Clinician in rabbit, exotic animal and wildlife medicine and surgery at Edinburgh University with a high clinical teaching caseload of pet exotic species, both first opinion and referral cases. She oversees the student led Wildlife Emergency Clinic based at the Hospital for Small Animals, University of Edinburgh.
She lectures nationally and internationally on exotic pet, zoo and wildlife medicine. She has published widely in veterinary books on exotic pets and wildlife medicine and has edited books on rabbit, ferret and rodent medicine and surgery and wildlife casualties.
Session 1 – Monday 8th November 11am-1pm
Session 2 – Monday 22nd November 11am-1pm
Session 3 – Monday 6th December 11am-1pm
Easy To Attend!
No special equipment required...just a decent broadband connection
Can't Make One Of The Live Events?
It doesn’t matter……all sessions are recorded and you have access to them for a full 12 months after the course.
Just £347 +VAT*
* overseas customers outside the EU will not be charged VAT. Overseas customers in the EU; provide your VAT number and we will refund the VAT.
100% Money Back Guarantee
Buy with absolute confidence as your purchase is protected by our 100%, no quibble money-back guarantee
Very thorough and comprehensive courses. The course notes are a great addition too.