This is the second online Mini Series I have done, and I have found both so convenient and flexible as they allow me to work around my small children.
I enjoyed it and enjoyed being able to do at my own pace. It’s much easier to do the webinars when I have quiet time at home or in practice.
- Play a full part in your practice's surgical caseload
- You have a whole year’s access to recorded sessions and study notes for reviewing key points
- Superb value for money - you learn without travelling or paying for accommodation, childcare or petcare
- Watch the live meetings OR the recordings on your iPad, mobile, PC or tablet
- Self-assessment quiz to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification
Surgical vascular access
- Overview of routine vascular access
- Indications and how to perform cut down techniques
- Indications for central venous lines (jugular and peripherally placed)
- Technique and placement of central venous lines
- Safe use and maintenance of central venous lines
- Indications, techniques and after care for ;
- tail amputations
- ear pinna surgery and amputations
- toe amputations
Biopsies and mass removal
- Biopsy techniques and their advantages and disadvantages
- How to perform diagnostic biopsies (fine needle, punch, core biopsies and incisional biopsies)
- How to perform excisional biopsies and simple mass removal
BVSc CertAVP(SAM) CertAVP(VC) MRCVS
James graduated from the University of Bristol in 2008 and began work in a busy first-opinion emergency and referral practice in Manchester. He is an advanced practitioner in internal medicine, gaining his CertAVP(SAM) in 2012. He is also a keen cardiologist having recently gained his second advanced practitioner certificate in veterinary cardiology.
James lectures across the country on a variety of subjects to members of the veterinary profession and has a particular clinical interest in cardio-respiratory diseases, flexible endoscopy and canine lymphoma treatment.
Session 1 – Thursday 2nd July 2020 2pm-4pm
Session 2 – Thursday 16th July 2020 2pm-4pm
Session 3 – Thursday 30th July 2020 2pm-4pm
Easy To Attend!
No special equipment required...just a decent broadband connection
Can't Make One Of The Live Events?
It doesn’t matter……all sessions are recorded and you have access to them for a full 12 months after the course.
Just £227 +VAT*
* overseas customers outside the EU will not be charged VAT. Overseas customers in the EU; provide your VAT number and we will refund the VAT.
100% Money Back Guarantee
Buy with absolute confidence as your purchase is protected by our 100%, no quibble money-back guarantee
Very thorough and comprehensive courses. The course notes are a great addition too.