The videos were informative - it was great watching at home. I liked the quiz afterwards.
Beyond expectations, and can't believe I haven't done anything like this before! Immeasurably, this will help me in practice to have a more structured approach and feel like I am improving my methods.
- Patient assessment
- Management options including regenerative medicine
- Physiotherapy and rehabilitation
- Complete the course in your own time and revisit whenever you have a relevant patient!
- Everything you need to know to make sure you['re up to date with current recommendations
- You have a whole year’s access to recorded sessions and study notes for reviewing key points
- Watch the recordings on your iPad, mobile, PC or tablet
- Self-assessment quiz to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification
- Superb value for money - you learn without travelling or paying for accommodation, childcare or petcare
What is osteoarthritis and how do we assess it?
- The pathophysiology and clinical signs of osteoarthritis.
- The differences between acute and chronic pain, and their effects on our patients.
- How to use different diagnostic tools in the investigation of degenerative joint disease.
- The different types of questionnaires and tools we have to assess the quality of life of our patients.
Management of OA in small animals: it is not only drugs. New horizons with regenerative medicine.
- Which drugs do we have available to treat chronic pain in our patients.
- Types of joint supplements/nutraceuticals and their effects in the joint.
- The evidence behind the use of regenerative medicine, including platelet rich plasma and stem cell therapy, in the management of osteoarthritis.
- Types, indications and contraindications of regenerative medicine.
Physiotherapy and rehabilitation in animals with osteoarthritis
- The physiotherapy techniques we can use in the management of patient with osteoarthritis, their effects, indications and contraindications.
- The importance of establishing a rehabilitation protocol to improve the quality of life and functionality of osteoarthritic patients.
DVM, PhD, DACVS-SA, DECVS, DACVSMR, CCRT, FHEA, MRCVS
American, European and RCVS Specialist in Small Animal Surgery
American Specialist in Canine Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation
I graduated in Veterinary Medicine by the University of Zaragoza (Spain) in 1998. Following a rotating internship at the Autonomous University of Barcelona, I completed a PhD regarding bone lengthening in dogs at that same institution. I then moved to the US and completed a rotating internship at the University of Florida and a residency in small animal surgery at Washington State University. I became a board certified surgeon by the ACVS and ECVS in 2009. In 2014 I obtained the certificate in Canine Rehabilitation Therapy and became a diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation. Nowadays I work as a lecturer in small animal surgery (orthopedics) and I have developed the Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation service at the Royal Veterinary College in London.
12 months access to recordings and course materials is included. Please note that these are webinar recordings and not live events. Full details on how to access the Mini Series will be emailed to you.
Just £347 +VAT*
* overseas customers outside the EU will not be charged VAT. Overseas customers in the EU; provide your VAT number and we will refund the VAT.
100% Money Back Guarantee
Buy with absolute confidence as your purchase is protected by our 100%, no quibble money-back guarantee
Very thorough and comprehensive courses. The course notes are a great addition too.