- Get some seriously practical help with managing wounds in your practice’s small animal patients
- You have a whole year’s access to recorded sessions and study notes for reviewing key points
- Superb value for money - you learn without travelling or paying for accommodation, childcare or petcare
- Watch the recordings on your iPad, mobile, PC or tablet
- Self-assessment quiz to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification
Triage, Assessment and Initial Treatment of Wounds
- How to deal with wounds on initial patient presentation
- Whole patient assessment and considerations
- Which lavage fluids and when?
- How to choose your first dressing
- Emergency advice for owners – what they can do immediately
- Specific advice for specific conditions eg burns
Debridement and Open Wound Management
- Your options for debridement
- Best debridement choices for different types of wounds
- Cost considerations – these can add up very quickly!
- Your dressing options for open wounds
- Essential practical tips to cut through the confusion and help you make the right choices
Wound Closure, Reconstruction and Infection Control
- Final closure of wounds
- Reconstruction methods for difficult wounds
- Assessing progress
- Wound management clinics in your practice
- The essential role of the veterinary nurse in wound management
Louise O’Dwyer MBA BSc(Hons) VTS(ECC) DipAVN(Med & Surg) RVN
Louise gained her Diploma in Advanced Veterinary Nursing (Surgical) in 2004 followed by her Diploma in Advanced Veterinary Nursing (Medical) in 2007 and Veterinary Technician Specialist (Emergency and Critical Care) in 2011. She has contributed to over 20 journal articles and books and lectures regularly on all aspects of anaesthesia, emergency and critical care and infection control. She is now Clinical Director of Pet Medics in Manchester. Louise’s interests include all aspects of emergency care; particularly trauma patients, infection control and wound management.
Louise is the co-author of the recently published ‘Practical Emergency and Critical Care Veterinary Nursing’ as well as ‘Wound Management in Small Animals: A Practical Guide for Veterinary Nurses and Technicians’, and is the editor of the BSAVA ‘Pocketbook for Nurses’.
12 months access to recordings and course materials is included. Please note that these are webinar recordings and not live events. Full details on how to access the Mini Series will be emailed to you.
Just £227 +VAT*
* overseas customers outside the EU will not be charged VAT. Overseas customers in the EU; provide your VAT number and we will refund the VAT.
100% Money Back Guarantee
Buy with absolute confidence as your purchase is protected by our 100%, no quibble money-back guarantee
Very thorough and comprehensive courses. The course notes are a great addition too.