This is the second online Mini Series I have done, and I have found both so convenient and flexible as they allow me to work around my small children.
I enjoyed it and enjoyed being able to do at my own pace. It’s much easier to do the webinars when I have quiet time at home or in practice.
- Post Brexit Travel Issues
- Compulsory treatments and potential issues
- Preventative treatments - what should you be offering?
- What to look for in imported pets and what treatments to consider
- You have a whole year’s access to recorded sessions and study notes for reviewing key points
- Superb value for money - you learn without travelling or paying for accommodation, childcare or petcare
- Watch the recordings on your iPad, mobile, PC or tablet
- Self-assessment quiz to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification
- This Mini-Series was originally broadcast February 2020
Legal aspects of travel post brexit; why compulsory treatments are important
- The Potential pitfalls of pet travel documentation
- The compulsory treatment elements to pet travel and when they should be administered
- Why these treatments are important and the parasites they protect against
- Discussion of the pros and cons of other possible compulsory treatments such as the dropped tick treatment
A risk based approach to parasite prevention advice in the travelling pet
- The preventative measures required against Leishmania, ticks, heartworm and other vector-borne pathogens
- Factors to consider when deciding which preventative treatments to apply such as lifestyle, compliance and parasite distribution
- Consideration of preventative measures that are not treatment based, their benefits and limitations
A practical approach to the imported rescue pet - what you need to know
- Areas to focus on and clinical signs to be aware of when examining the imported pet
- Selecting appropriate tests for parasite infections in imported pets
- Identification of ticks, where to send them for identification
- Post importation treatments and why they are important.
BVMS, MSc, MRCVS
Ian is a practising Veterinary surgeon and co-owner of the Mount Veterinary Practice in Fleetwood. He has a Master’s degree in Veterinary Parasitology, is head of the European Scientific Counsel of Companion Animal Parasites (ESCCAP) UK & Ireland and guideline director for ESCCAP Europe. Ian is regularly published in peer review journals, and an editorial board member for the Companion animal and Vet CPD journals. He continues to carry out research in practice including work on intestinal nematodes and ticks.
Easy To Attend!
No special equipment required...just a decent broadband connection
Can't Make One Of The Live Events?
It doesn’t matter……all sessions are recorded and you have access to them for a full 12 months after the course.
Just £347 +VAT*
* overseas customers outside the EU will not be charged VAT. Overseas customers in the EU; provide your VAT number and we will refund the VAT.
100% Money Back Guarantee
Buy with absolute confidence as your purchase is protected by our 100%, no quibble money-back guarantee
Very thorough and comprehensive courses. The course notes are a great addition too.