This is the second online Mini Series I have done, and I have found both so convenient and flexible as they allow me to work around my small children.
We commonly see vestibular cases and seizuring dogs – the course has helped as now I know all of the steps to take to find a diagnosis or treatment option.
- How to manage Status Epilepticus and Head Trauma
- Acute disorders of the Head and Face - vestibular disease and the other cranial nerves
- Systemic causes of Neurologic Crisis - toxicity and metabolic diseases
- Practical tips for optimal management of these challenging patients in your practice
- You have a whole year’s access to recorded sessions and study notes for reviewing key points
- Superb value for money - you learn without travelling or paying for accommodation, childcare or petcare
- Watch the recordings on your iPad, mobile, PC or tablet
- Self-assessment quiz to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification
Acute Brain Disease - status epilepticus and head trauma
- Causes of status epilepticus
- Initial evaluation of patient with status
- Step by step treatment approach to dog or cat with status
- Causes and signs of increased intracranial pressure
- Practical evaluation of head trauma patient
- Step by Step approach to treatment of a head trauma case
Acute disorders of the Head and Face - vestibular disease and the other cranial nerves
- Clinical signs of vestibular disease
- How to localize peripheral vs. central vestibular disease
- Differential diagnosis of peripheral and central vestibular disease
- Lesion localization for common cranial nerve dysfunctions such as dropped jaw, masticatory muscle atrophy and Horner's syndrome
- Differential diagnosis for common cranial nerve dysfunctions such as dropped jaw, masticatory muscle atrophy and Horner's syndrome
- Diagnostic approach to patient with disorders of the head and face due to cranial nerve dysfunction
Systemic causes of Neurologic Crisis - toxicity and metabolic diseases
- Common clinical signs of neurotoxicity
- Standard approach to the management and treatment of suspected neurotoxicity
- Common neurotoxins, their specific signs, how to treat and prognosis.
- Common clinical signs of metabolic encephalopathy
- Common causes of metabolic encephalopathy which will include hepatic encephalopathy, hypoglycemia and electrolyte disturbances
- Diagnostic and treatment approaches to the case with suspected metabolic encephalopathy
BVM&S, Diplomate ACVIM (Neurology), Diplomate ECVN, MRCVS
RCVS Recognized Specialist of Veterinary Neurology
Dr. Simon Platt received his veterinary degree from the University of Edinburgh, Scotland, in 1992, following which he undertook an internship in Small Animal Medicine and Surgery at the Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph and a 2 year period in private practice in the England. Dr. Platt completed a residency in neurology and neurosurgery in 1998 at the University of Florida and afterwards spent 2 years as an assistant professor of Neurology at the University of Georgia. In 2000, Dr. Platt returned to the UK where he was Head of the Neurology/Neurosurgery service at the Animal Health Trust until 2006, from which time he has been at the Dept. of Small Animal Medicine and Surgery at the University of Georgia where is currently a Professor. Dr. Platt received the AAVC National resident of the year award in 1998, the BSAVA Blaine award for outstanding contributions to small animal medicine and surgery in 2005, the UGA Clinical Research Award in 2010 and the David Tyler Award for Innovative Teaching in 2012. Dr. Platt has authored or co-authored over 180 journal articles and 50 book chapters and is the co-editor of the BSAVA Manual of Canine and Feline Neurology and the Manual of Small Animal Neurological Emergencies. Dr. Platt is Past-President of the ACVIM Neurology Specialty and Founder member of the South Eastern Veterinary Neurology (SEVEN) group in the USA. Currently, Simon serves as Editor in Chief of the NAVC journal Today’s Veterinary Practice.
12 months access to recordings and course materials is included. Please note that these are webinar recordings and not live events. Full details on how to access the Mini Series will be emailed to you.
Just £347 +VAT*
* overseas customers outside the EU will not be charged VAT. Overseas customers in the EU; provide your VAT number and we will refund the VAT.
100% Money Back Guarantee
Buy with absolute confidence as your purchase is protected by our 100%, no quibble money-back guarantee
A brilliant course and very much enjoyed. It has given me confidence in dealing with all neurological cases. Highly recommended.