Content was excellent. Good overview of hydrotherapy, good use of video
Useful revision for me and clear info for trainees in the practice to gain more knowledge
- Discover how hydrotherapy works and the goals of treatment
- You have a whole year’s access to recorded sessions and study notes for reviewing key points
- Superb value for money - you learn without travelling or paying for accommodation, childcare or petcare
- Watch the recordings on your iPad, mobile, PC or tablet
- Self-assessment quiz to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification
Hydrotherapy – What is the Point?
- The history of hydrotherapy
- The aims and benefits of hydrotherapy
- The science behind hydrotherapy – understanding how hydrotherapy works
- Which groups of patients can benefit from treatment?
- Is hydrotherapy treatment in a pool or water treadmill the best option?
- How to find a hydrotherapist: the good, the bad and the ugly
Referral for Hydrotherapy
- What hydrotherapists need to know about their patients and why
- Contraindications for hydrotherapy
- Precautions for hydrotherapy
- The importance of assessment prior to treatment
- The multi-disciplinary team – your role and working together to get the best results for your patients
- Immediate/short term effects of hydrotherapy
- Long term effects of hydrotherapy
Hydrotherapy for Specific Conditions or Patient Groups
- Obesity – working together to achieve and maintain weight loss
- Osteoarthritis – multimodal management and the role of hydrotherapy in a treatment plan
- Maintaining mobility for geriatric dogs
- Hydrotherapy for orthopaedic conditions – shoulders, elbows, hips and stifles, pre and post-operative treatment
- Spinal cases – how differently do we treat conservative and post-operative management cases?
- When to refer and how to support and monitor dogs with degenerative myelopathy
Angela Griffiths CCRP DipHSA RCH
Angela opened Greyfriars in 2001 and has since developed the centre to become a referral veterinary practice specialising in veterinary rehabilitation. Angela qualified as a Certified Canine Rehabilitation Practitioner via the University of Tennessee, College of Veterinary Medicine in 2005 and holds a Diploma in Hydrotherapy for Small Animals. Her special interest is in the rehabilitation of post injury/post operative spinal cases and complicated or non ambulatory trauma cases. She is course director at Greyfriars Veterinary Rehabilitation and Hydrotherapy Referrals and lectures regularly in the UK and Canada. She was one of the founding members of the National Association of Registered Canine Hydrotherapists.
12 months access to recordings and course materials is included. Please note that these are webinar recordings and not live events. Full details on how to access the Mini Series will be emailed to you.
Clear to understand and follow
Just £347 +VAT*
* overseas customers outside the EU will not be charged VAT. Overseas customers in the EU; provide your VAT number and we will refund the VAT.
100% Money Back Guarantee
Buy with absolute confidence as your purchase is protected by our 100%, no quibble money-back guarantee
Very thorough and comprehensive courses. The course notes are a great addition too.