This is the second online Mini Series I have done, and I have found both so convenient and flexible as they allow me to work around my small children.
I enjoyed it and enjoyed being able to do at my own pace. It’s much easier to do the webinars when I have quiet time at home or in practice.
- Everything you need to effective infection prevention and control in your practice
- You have a whole year’s access to recorded sessions and study notes for reviewing key points
- Superb value for money - you learn without travelling or paying for accommodation, childcare or petcare
- Watch the live meetings OR the recordings on your iPad, mobile, PC or tablet
- Self-assessment quiz to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification
Basic Principles of IP&C & Hospital Biosecurity
- Understand the importance of biosecurity in the practice environment
- Gain confidence in vital techniques such as hand hygiene and correct use of PPE
- Build up the confidence to write important protocols and educate other team members on crucial infection control techniques/practice
Infectious Patients: Barrier Nursing, Isolation & Everything In Between
- Learn about the various infectious diseases, including zoonotic diseases and how to handle patients with an infectious disease.
- Gain confidence in their skills of barrier nursing and isolation techniques
- Learn about HAIs and how to implement prevention, management and surveillance strategies and protocol into practice
IP&C of the Surgical Patient & Surgical Practice
- Identify surgical site infection risks and be able to implement protocols and interventions to help reduce the occurrence of surgical site infections
- Develop the confidence you need to set up and run an effective and aseptic surgical/theatre environment and maintain good aseptic practice
- Understand how to maintain and effectively clean and disinfect surgical instrumentation after use, and have knowledge of the various methods of sterilisation available.
RVN DipAVN BSc (Hons)
Flick qualified as a RVN in 2006 and currently works for Pride Veterinary Centre, a small animal, multidisciplinary referral hospital in Derby, as an Advanced Referral Nurse in the anaesthesia, theatre and surgical department. Flick has spent most of her time in referral practice & enjoys having that drive for that “gold-standard” patient care She undertook the RCVS Diploma in Advanced nursing, specializing in anaesthesia, surgery and theatre practice. Flick graduated as a DipAVN in 2012. Flick topped-up her qualification to a BSc (Hons) degree in Clinical Veterinary Nursing. Her nursing passions are within surgical nursing, anaesthesia & analgesia, theatre practice, infection control & ECC. Flick has a love for academic/professional writing & enjoys providing a variety of articles, CPD & lectures for veterinary nurses.
Outside of her professional life, she loves going on adventurous walks and going Carp fishing with her husband. She also has a rare disability/disease called Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, and spends time raising disease awareness with her Irish Red Setter “Vyvyan”, who is her Medical Detection Dog in-training.
Session 1 –Wednesday 20th May 2020 2pm-4pm
Session 2 – Wednesday 3rd June 2020 2pm-4pm
Session 3 – Wednesday 17th June 2020 2pm-4pm
Easy To Attend!
No special equipment required...just a decent broadband connection
Can't Make One Of The Live Events?
It doesn’t matter……all sessions are recorded and you have access to them for a full 12 months after the course.
Just £227 +VAT*
* overseas customers outside the EU will not be charged VAT. Overseas customers in the EU; provide your VAT number and we will refund the VAT.
100% Money Back Guarantee
Buy with absolute confidence as your purchase is protected by our 100%, no quibble money-back guarantee
Very thorough and comprehensive courses. The course notes are a great addition too.