This is the second online Mini Series I have done, and I have found both so convenient and flexible as they allow me to work around my small children.
I enjoyed it and enjoyed being able to do at my own pace. It’s much easier to do the webinars when I have quiet time at home or in practice.
- Everything you need to effective infection prevention and control in your practice
- You have a whole year’s access to recorded sessions and study notes for reviewing key points
- Superb value for money - you learn without travelling or paying for accommodation, childcare or petcare
- Watch the recordings on your iPad, mobile, PC or tablet
- Self-assessment quiz to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification
Basic Principles of IP&C & Hospital Biosecurity
- Understand the importance of biosecurity in the practice environment
- Gain confidence in vital techniques such as hand hygiene and correct use of PPE
- Build up the confidence to write important protocols and educate other team members on crucial infection control techniques/practice
Infectious Patients: Barrier Nursing, Isolation & Everything In Between
- Learn about the various infectious diseases, including zoonotic diseases and how to handle patients with an infectious disease.
- Gain confidence in their skills of barrier nursing and isolation techniques
- Learn about HAIs and how to implement prevention, management and surveillance strategies and protocol into practice
IP&C of the Surgical Patient & Surgical Practice
- Identify surgical site infection risks and be able to implement protocols and interventions to help reduce the occurrence of surgical site infections
- Develop the confidence you need to set up and run an effective and aseptic surgical/theatre environment and maintain good aseptic practice
- Understand how to maintain and effectively clean and disinfect surgical instrumentation after use, and have knowledge of the various methods of sterilisation available.
VN Cert Ed
I qualified as a RVN from Bristol vet school in 1998 after training in a mixed practice in Glastonbury. After qualifying I returned to Bristol vet school as a surgical nurse where I developed a passion for intensive nursing. I then moved to Davies veterinary specialist in Hitchin continuing as a referral nurse.
I returned to the south west in 2004 and took up a position as veterinary nursing lecturer at Bicton college whilst still working in practice 2 days a week. After 14 years in this post I have just started a new challenge as a veterinary project trainer as part of the future appointment booked team for IVC. I love visiting practices and seeing how different things are done!
12 months access to recordings and course materials is included. Please note that these are webinar recordings and not live events. Full details on how to access the Mini Series will be emailed to you.
Just £227 +VAT*
* overseas customers outside the EU will not be charged VAT. Overseas customers in the EU; provide your VAT number and we will refund the VAT.
100% Money Back Guarantee
Buy with absolute confidence as your purchase is protected by our 100%, no quibble money-back guarantee
Very thorough and comprehensive courses. The course notes are a great addition too.