This is the second online Mini Series I have done, and I have found both so convenient and flexible as they allow me to work around my small children.
I enjoyed it and enjoyed being able to do at my own pace. It’s much easier to do the webinars when I have quiet time at home or in practice.
- Everything you need to effective infection prevention and control in your practice
- You have a whole year’s access to recorded sessions and study notes for reviewing key points
- Superb value for money - you learn without travelling or paying for accommodation, childcare or petcare
- Watch the live meetings OR the recordings on your iPad, mobile, PC or tablet
- Self-assessment quiz to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification
Basic Principles of IP&C & Hospital Biosecurity
- Understand the importance of biosecurity in the practice environment
- Gain confidence in vital techniques such as hand hygiene and correct use of PPE
- Build up the confidence to write important protocols and educate other team members on crucial infection control techniques/practice
Infectious Patients: Barrier Nursing, Isolation & Everything In Between
- Learn about the various infectious diseases, including zoonotic diseases and how to handle patients with an infectious disease.
- Gain confidence in their skills of barrier nursing and isolation techniques
- Learn about HAIs and how to implement prevention, management and surveillance strategies and protocol into practice
IP&C of the Surgical Patient & Surgical Practice
- Identify surgical site infection risks and be able to implement protocols and interventions to help reduce the occurrence of surgical site infections
- Develop the confidence you need to set up and run an effective and aseptic surgical/theatre environment and maintain good aseptic practice
- Understand how to maintain and effectively clean and disinfect surgical instrumentation after use, and have knowledge of the various methods of sterilisation available.
VN Cert Ed
I qualified as a RVN from Bristol vet school in 1998 after training in a mixed practice in Glastonbury. After qualifying I returned to Bristol vet school as a surgical nurse where I developed a passion for intensive nursing. I then moved to Davies veterinary specialist in Hitchin continuing as a referral nurse.
I returned to the south west in 2004 and took up a position as veterinary nursing lecturer at Bicton college whilst still working in practice 2 days a week. After 14 years in this post I have just started a new challenge as a veterinary project trainer as part of the future appointment booked team for IVC. I love visiting practices and seeing how different things are done!
Session 1 –Wednesday 20th May 2020 2pm-4pm
Session 2 – Wednesday 3rd June 2020 2pm-4pm
Session 3 – Wednesday 17th June 2020 2pm-4pm
Easy To Attend!
No special equipment required...just a decent broadband connection
Can't Make One Of The Live Events?
It doesn’t matter……all sessions are recorded and you have access to them for a full 12 months after the course.
Just £227 +VAT*
* overseas customers outside the EU will not be charged VAT. Overseas customers in the EU; provide your VAT number and we will refund the VAT.
100% Money Back Guarantee
Buy with absolute confidence as your purchase is protected by our 100%, no quibble money-back guarantee
Very thorough and comprehensive courses. The course notes are a great addition too.