This is the second online Mini Series I have done, and I have found both so convenient and flexible as they allow me to work around my small children.
I enjoyed it and enjoyed being able to do at my own pace. It’s much easier to do the webinars when I have quiet time at home or in practice.
- Get to grips with key areas of small animal neurology in your practice
- Using the neurological examination to find the disease - a logical approach
- Head tilts and brains on fire! - Help is at hand
- Seizures - from start to finish
- You have a whole year’s access to recorded sessions and study notes for reviewing key points
- Superb value for money - you learn without travelling or paying for accommodation, childcare or petcare
- Watch the recordings on your mobile, PC or tablet
- Self-assessment quiz to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification
Using the neurological examination to find the disease
- How to do a hands on evaluation of the presenting patient
- How to evaluate the cranial nerves
- How to evaluate reflexes and understand what they tell us
- Where to localize the disease to
- How to develop a list of differentials to consider
- Plenty of videos to help us identify disease and location
Head tilts and brains on fire!
- How to localise peripheral vestibular disease
- How to localise central vestibular disease
- What are the causes of peripheral vestibular disease and their management
- What are the causes of central vestibular disease and their management
- Specific management of CNS inflammatory disease
Seizures - from start to finish
- What is a seizure and how to differentiate it from other causes of acute collapse
- How to work a seizure case up
- When to start treatment
- The pros and cons of all the available seizure medications
- What to do when seizures become an emergency
Simon R. Platt
BVM&S, Diplomate ACVIM (Neurology), Diplomate ECVN, FRCVS
RCVS Recognized Specialist of Veterinary Neurology
Professor of Neurology, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Georgia
Dr. Simon Platt qualified from the University of Edinburgh, Scotland, in 1992; he was then an intern at the Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph and completed a residency in neurology and neurosurgery in 1998 at the University of Florida. Dr. Platt is currently a professor at the University of Georgia. Dr. Platt has authored or co-authored over 200 journal articles and 50 book chapters and is the co-editor of the BSAVA Manual of Canine and Feline Neurology and the Manual of Small Animal Neurological Emergencies. Dr. Platt is Past-President of the ACVIM Neurology Specialty and Founder member of the South Eastern Veterinary Neurology (SEVEN) group in the USA. Currently, Simon serves as Editor in Chief of the NAVC journal Today’s Veterinary Practice. Dr. Platt was made a fellow of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons in 2018.
12 months access to recordings and course materials is included. Please note that these are webinar recordings and not live events. Full details on how to access the Mini Series will be emailed to you.
Just £347 +VAT*
* overseas customers outside the EU will not be charged VAT. Overseas customers in the EU; provide your VAT number and we will refund the VAT.
100% Money Back Guarantee
Buy with absolute confidence as your purchase is protected by our 100%, no quibble money-back guarantee
Very thorough and comprehensive courses. The course notes are a great addition too.