This is the second online Mini Series I have done, and I have found both so convenient and flexible as they allow me to work around my small children.
I enjoyed it and enjoyed being able to do at my own pace. It’s much easier to do the webinars when I have quiet time at home or in practice.
- Learn how to Diagnose Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) in dogs: sorting the B-lines from the tram-lines
- Diagnosing CHF in cats: how to do a RAPID CAT exam
- Managing CHF in dogs and cats: SPAF and beyond.
- You have a whole year’s access to recorded sessions and study notes for reviewing key points
- Superb value for money - you learn without travelling or paying for accommodation, childcare or petcare
- Watch the live meetings OR the recordings on your iPad, mobile, PC or tablet
- Self-assessment quiz to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification
Diagnosing CHF in dogs: sorting the B-lines from the tram-lines
- History and clinical examination of dogs in heart failure
- Radiography for diagnosing CHF in dogs
- Ultrasound for diagnosing CHF in dogs
- Common mistakes and pitfalls in diagnosing CHF in dogs
- Discussing the key clinical signs
- How to get the most from radiographs and ultrasound
Diagnosing CHF in cats: how to do a RAPID CAT exam
- Cats do things differently and how to spot this
- History and clinical examination of cats in heart failure
- How to do a RAPID CAT examination
- Radiography for diagnosing CHF in cats
- Ultrasound for diagnosing CHF in cats
- Getting the most from your clinical examination
Managing CHF in dogs and cats: SPAF and beyond
- Diuretic uses and abuses
- Discussing the short-term and long-term management of CHF, how to optimise heart failure therapy
- Use of diuretics - frusemide, torasemide and beyond
- Use of positive inotropes and anti-thrombotic
- Monitoring of CHF from afar including SRR
- Draining effusions
DVC MRCVS (RCVS Specialist in Veterinary Cardiology)
Dave Dickson is an RCVS Recognised Specialist in Cardiology, having joined the HeartVets team in 2011. He lives and works in south Wales, where he offers cardiology referral clinics. He also regularly visits Vale Referrals to work alongside Dr. Mark Patteson. Dave regularly lectures regularly to local, national and international audiences has presented research at international conferences. His research into feline dyspnoea won the prestigious Best Research Communication at the European Congress of Veterinary Internal Medicine. He has published many original research articles and collaborates with colleagues in veterinary medicine and human exercise physiology from around the world. He is also on the Doppler Echocardiography list for the Veterinary Cardiovascular Society.
Session 1 – Thursday 15th April 12pm-2pm
Session 2 – Thursday 29th April 12pm-2pm
Session 3 – Thursday 13th May 12pm-2pm
Easy To Attend!
No special equipment required...just a decent broadband connection
Can't Make One Of The Live Events?
It doesn’t matter……all sessions are recorded and you have access to them for a full 12 months after the course.
Just £347 +VAT*
* overseas customers outside the EU will not be charged VAT. Overseas customers in the EU; provide your VAT number and we will refund the VAT.
100% Money Back Guarantee
Buy with absolute confidence as your purchase is protected by our 100%, no quibble money-back guarantee
Very thorough and comprehensive courses. The course notes are a great addition too.