This is the second online Mini Series I have done, and I have found both so convenient and flexible as they allow me to work around my small children.
I enjoyed it and enjoyed being able to do at my own pace. It’s much easier to do the webinars when I have quiet time at home or in practice.
- Restore, revitalise and refresh your small animal anaesthesia skills
- Drugs used in anaesthesia and which protocol to choose
- Anaesthetic monitoring. What is normal and what requires intervention?
- How to deal with anaesthetic complications and emergencies
- You have a whole year’s access to recorded sessions and study notes for reviewing key points
- Superb value for money - you learn without travelling or paying for accommodation, childcare or petcare
- Watch the recordings on your iPad, mobile, PC or tablet
- Self-assessment quiz to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification
Drugs used in anaesthesia and what protocol to choose
- What drugs are available to anaesthetise our small animal patients?
- What to expect when you use these drugs, what are their modes of action and their side effects?
- Practical information on how to choose an anaesthetic protocol and tailor it to the patient
- Intra-operative analgesia and MAC sparing techniques
Anaesthetic monitoring. What is normal and what requires intervention
- Brief outline on direct patient monitoring and special circumstances - when the patient does not read the book
- Monitoring – what does each curve and number mean? What is normal and what is not?
- How to put the data together to really understand what is happening
How to deal with anaesthetic complications and emergencies
- Hypoventilation, hypotension, hypothermia are just a few of the most common anaesthetic complications. These will be discussed in depth, together with their consequences, treatments and how to adapt the anaesthetic protocol in these situations.
- Other less common anaesthetic complications will be discussed
- Finally the most feared of situations will be addressed - how to recognise early cardiovascular arrest and how to perform CPR in an anaesthetised patient
DVM, CertVA, DipECVAA, MRCVS
European Specialist in Veterinary Anaesthesia and Analgesia
RCVS Specialist in Veterinary Anaesthesia
Head of Anaesthesia at Willows Veterinary Referrals
Alessandra graduated from the University of Perugia (Italy) in 2003, after which she worked in general veterinary practice in Italy for three years. Alessandra then undertook an Anaesthesia Internship at the Royal Veterinary College in London followed by a three year Residency in Anaesthesia and Analgesia at the Royal Veterinary College during which she gained her RCVS Certificate in Veterinary Anaesthesia. In 2010 Alessandra joined Willows Veterinary Referrals, where she is currently the Head of the Anaesthesia department and in 2012 she became a Diplomate of the European College of Anaesthesia and Analgesia.
Alessandra is particularly interested in the anaesthesia of the critically ill patient. She enjoys working as part of the team of highly qualified and dedicated specialists at Willows Veterinary Referrals, and helping to keep the veterinary and clinical support staff up to date with the latest anaesthetic and intensive care techniques. Because Willows Veterinary Referrals is a very busy practice, Alessandra understands the difference between theory and practice and has a very clinical orientated approach to cases.
Alessandra has a soft spot for dachshunds, particularly wired haired miniature ones and has two of her own, Sheldon and Hector which she enjoys spending time with when she is not at work.
12 months access to recordings and course materials is included. Please note that these are webinar recordings and not live events. Full details on how to access the Mini Series will be emailed to you.
Just £347 +VAT*
* overseas customers outside the EU will not be charged VAT. Overseas customers in the EU; provide your VAT number and we will refund the VAT.
100% Money Back Guarantee
Buy with absolute confidence as your purchase is protected by our 100%, no quibble money-back guarantee
Very thorough and comprehensive courses. The course notes are a great addition too.