This is the second online Mini Series I have done, and I have found both so convenient and flexible as they allow me to work around my small children.
I enjoyed it and enjoyed being able to do at my own pace. It’s much easier to do the webinars when I have quiet time at home or in practice.
- Your essential guide to low stress fracture fixation in small animal practice
- You have a whole year’s access to recorded sessions and study notes for reviewing key points
- Superb value for money - you learn without travelling or paying for accommodation, childcare or petcare
- Watch the recordings on your iPad, mobile, PC or tablet
- Self-assessment quiz to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification
Fracture Assessment and Decision Making
- Revision of assessment of the trauma patient
- Identifying high-impact trauma fractures
- Fracture classification systems for physeal fractures, open fractures and others
- Fracture “scoring”, based on mechanical, biologic and environmental factors
- An overview of the respective strengths and weaknesses of various fracture fixation options
- An understanding of fracture management decision-making.
Pins, Wires and External Skeletal Fixators in General Practice
- When and where pins and wires might be appropriate
- How to chose the correct size and application method of pins and wires
- Practical understanding of the application of pins and wires
- Classification and mechanical properties of various ESF designs
- Clinical aspects of ESF management
- Practical understanding of designing and applying ESFs
Plates and Screws for Fracture Fixation In General Practice
- Understand plates and screws terminology and nomenclature
- An understanding of non-locking plate and screw mechanics
- An understanding of locking plate and screw mechanics, and an overview of different locking systems
- Practical understanding of applying positional and lag screws
- Practical understanding of applying bone plates for fracture management
BVSc DSAS(orth) MRCVS
RCVS Specialist in Small Animal Surgery (Orthopaedics)
Ben is an orthopaedic and spinal surgeon at Chestergates Veterinary Specialists, an honorary fellow of the University of Liverpool School of Engineering, and a research and development consultant for Fusion Implants. Before his move into specialist practice, Ben spent eight years in general practice gaining his RCVS Certificate and plenty of experience in stabilizing fractures in a general practice environment.
12 months access to recordings and course materials is included. Please note that these are webinar recordings and not live events. Full details on how to access the Mini Series will be emailed to you.
Just £347 +VAT*
* overseas customers outside the EU will not be charged VAT. Overseas customers in the EU; provide your VAT number and we will refund the VAT.
100% Money Back Guarantee
Buy with absolute confidence as your purchase is protected by our 100%, no quibble money-back guarantee
Very thorough and comprehensive courses. The course notes are a great addition too.