This is the second online Mini Series I have done, and I have found both so convenient and flexible as they allow me to work around my small children.
I enjoyed it and enjoyed being able to do at my own pace. It’s much easier to do the webinars when I have quiet time at home or in practice.
- Looking to get started with lameness? Recent or new graduate vets this mini series is for you!
- Giving you guidance on how to perform examinations in the lame horse.
- Imaging of the lame horse and how to assess radiographs
- You have a whole year’s access to recorded sessions and study notes for reviewing key points
- Superb value for money - you learn without travelling or paying for accommodation, childcare or petcare
- Watch the live meetings OR the recordings on your mobile, PC or tablet
- Self-assessment quiz to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification
Musculoskeletal examination: What am I feeling for?
- How to perform a good orthopaedic examination in the horse
- Applied anatomy of the musculoskeletal system
- Assessing symmetry and posture in the lame horse
- Confirmation and how it relates to lameness
Dynamic assessment and diagnostic analgesia: Where is the lameness coming from?
- Assessing a horse for lameness a practical approach to determine which leg is lame
- How to perform flexion tests and other manipulations
- How to use clinical reasoning to know what nerve blocks to start with
- How to perform common nerve blocks/joint blocks
Imaging of the lame horse: Reaching a diagnosis!
- How to set up, take and assess the quality of your radiographs
- How to set up, use and interpret your ultrasound images
- What advanced imaging modalities are available and when they are suitable to use
BVSc CertAVP(EL) AFHEA MRCVS
Nadine qualified from the University of Queensland, Australia in 2012 and initially started out in mixed practice. She returned to University of Queensland in 2014 for an equine internship before moving to England in 2015 to work as an ambulatory vet. She completed a residency with the American College of Equine Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation at University of Liverpool Equine Hospital in 2021. During her residency she obtained a RVCS Certificate in Advanced veterinary Practice (Equine Lameness), completed a Masters in Veterinary Professional Studies (MSc) and published several articles focused on equine diagnostic imaging. In addition to diagnostic imaging, Nadine is also interested in poor performance, lameness investigation and rehabilitation. After completing her residency program, Nadine worked as a Lecturer in Equine Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation at the University of Liverpool.
Session 1 – Friday 13th May 2pm-4pm
Session 2 – Friday 27th May 2pm-4pm
Session 3 – Friday 10th June 2pm-4pm
Easy To Attend!
No special equipment required...just a decent broadband connection
Can't Make One Of The Live Events?
It doesn’t matter……all sessions are recorded and you have access to them for a full 12 months after the course.
Just £347 +VAT*
* overseas customers outside the EU will not be charged VAT. Overseas customers in the EU; provide your VAT number and we will refund the VAT.
100% Money Back Guarantee
Buy with absolute confidence as your purchase is protected by our 100%, no quibble money-back guarantee
Very thorough and comprehensive courses. The course notes are a great addition too.