- Get all the help you need with your endocrine emergency patients in practice
- You have a whole year’s access to recorded sessions and study notes for reviewing key points
- Superb value for money - you learn without travelling or paying for accommodation, childcare or petcare
- Watch the recordings on your iPad, mobile, PC or tablet
- Self-assessment quiz to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification
Adrenal Gland Disease in Dogs
- How to distinguish an Addisonian crisis from severe renal insufficiency
- Effective treatment protocols for the adrenal gland conditions you’ll see in practice
- Recognising and managing uncommon presentations of hyperadrenocorticism
Insulin Trouble and Hypothyroidism in Dogs
- Diabetic ketoacidotic crisis (DKA) – how to recognise it quickly
- Your management options for DKA – give yourself the best chance of a good outcome
- Is it epilepsy or is it a hypoglycaemic crisis due to insulinoma? Find out how to tell
- Uncommon presentations of myxoedema including coma
Endocrine Emergencies in Cats
- Endocrine emergencies are rarer in cats
- Make sure you can recognise one when it does present
- DKA in cats
- Non-ketotic hyperosmolar diabetes
- Hyperthyroid collapse
- Thyroid storm, cardiomyopathy
- Hypokalaemic muscle weakness
Kit Sturgess MA VetMB PhD CertVR DSAM CertVC MRCVS
RCVS Specialist in Small Animal Medicine
Kit Sturgess graduated from Cambridge University in 1986 and then spent 6 years in general veterinary practice. He has further professional qualifications in imaging, cardiology and internal medicine. Kit was awarded his PhD looking at the mucosal immune response to feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV) in 1997. He has spent 6 years as a lecturer in small animal internal medicine at Bristol University and the Royal Veterinary College. Kit was a founding partner in a private, specialist led, multidiscipline referral centre near Winchester that has grown to 11 specialists and 65 staff. Kit’s love of teaching and learning has led him to develop a new, more flexible role, centred on lecturing, writing and providing locum specialist internal medicine services. Kit maintains a keen interest in many areas of internal medicine particularly cardiorespiratory, gastrointestinal and urinary tract disease. He has authored numerous articles and two textbooks as well as presenting lectures and research abstracts at conferences worldwide.
12 months access to recordings and course materials is included. Please note that these are webinar recordings and not live events. Full details on how to access the Mini Series will be emailed to you.
Just £347 +VAT*
* overseas customers outside the EU will not be charged VAT. Overseas customers in the EU; provide your VAT number and we will refund the VAT.
100% Money Back Guarantee
Buy with absolute confidence as your purchase is protected by our 100%, no quibble money-back guarantee
Very thorough and comprehensive courses. The course notes are a great addition too.