This is the second online Mini Series I have done, and I have found both so convenient and flexible as they allow me to work around my small children.
I enjoyed it and enjoyed being able to do at my own pace. It’s much easier to do the webinars when I have quiet time at home or in practice.
- Smears, stains and the microscope
- Cytological findings and diagnoses
- From the class to the in-clinic lab
- Clinical Case Discussions apply theory to your practice
- You have a whole year’s access to recorded sessions and study notes for reviewing key points
- Superb value for money - you learn without travelling or paying for accommodation, childcare or petcare
- Watch the live meetings OR the recordings on your iPad, mobile, PC or tablet
- Self-assessment quiz to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification
Smears, stains and the microscope
- How to prepare and maximise the quality of smears for cytological examination
- A systematic approach to examination of cytology smears
- Develop a logical step by step approach for examining cytology smears
Cytological findings and diagnoses
- How to identify inflammatory cells and differentiate bacterial infection from other types of infection
- How to identify the cells and recognise the findings that are indicative of common non-neoplastic skin lesions such as follicular/epidermal cysts
- How to identify the origin of tissue cells and diagnose skin neoplasms
- Recognise the morphological appearance of benign and malignant neoplastic cells
From the class to the in-clinic lab
- During this session we will put in use the knowledge acquired from the previous two sessions by presenting and discussing clinical cases.
DVM PhD DipECVCP MRCVS
Kostas graduated from the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece. He has completed a PhD, a residency in Feline Gastroenterology, a residency in Clinical Pathology and has been a Lecturer and a Senior Lecturer in Clinical Pathology at the Bristol Veterinary School for 21 years. Kostas has published more than 100 scientific papers, research abstracts, professional articles and book chapters and he lectures regularly in the UK and Europe. He is an EBVS® European Specialist in Veterinary Clinical Pathology and the Secretary of the European College of Veterinary Clinical Pathology (ECVCP). Currently, he is a Senior Clinical Pathologist and the Laboratory Scientific Standards Coordinator at IDEXX Laboratories, UK.
Session 1 – Monday 9th November 2020 2pm-4pm
Session 2 – Monday 23rd November 2020 2pm-4pm
Session 3 – Monday 7th December 2020 2pm-4pm
Easy To Attend!
No special equipment required...just a decent broadband connection
Can't Make One Of The Live Events?
It doesn’t matter……all sessions are recorded and you have access to them for a full 12 months after the course.
Just £347 +VAT*
* overseas customers outside the EU will not be charged VAT. Overseas customers in the EU; provide your VAT number and we will refund the VAT.
100% Money Back Guarantee
Buy with absolute confidence as your purchase is protected by our 100%, no quibble money-back guarantee
Very thorough and comprehensive courses. The course notes are a great addition too.