This is the second online Mini Series I have done, and I have found both so convenient and flexible as they allow me to work around my small children.
I enjoyed it and enjoyed being able to do at my own pace. It’s much easier to do the webinars when I have quiet time at home or in practice.
- Review the diagnosis and current treatment regimens for diabetes in cats and dogs
- Looking at the best dietary management for these animals
- Managing the different treatments and how we can support owners with these
- You have a whole year’s access to recorded sessions and study notes for reviewing key points
- Superb value for money - you learn without travelling or paying for accommodation, childcare or petcare
- Watch the live meetings OR the recordings on your mobile, PC or tablet
- Self-assessment quiz to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification
Diabetes in cats and dogs
- Differences between different insulins and licensed dose rates.
- Dietary management for diabetic cats and dogs.
- Diagnosis and current treatment regimens for diabetes in cats
- Diagnosis and current treatment regimens for diabetes in dogs
- Managing these patients, looking at insulin, diet etc
Renal disease in cats and dogs
- How to use the IRIS scoring system to score cats and dogs
- By using the IRIS scoring system how to manage these animals in conjunction with the veterinary surgeon
- Dietary management for these animals, including phosphate binders
- How we can support owners with these different treatments
Long-term management for diabetic and renal patients
- What home monitoring methods are available and how to use them and encourage others to use them.
- Encouraging monitoring at home of renal and diabetic patients
- Addressing the different elements in both conditions
- What to do when with have co-morbidities, including renal and diabetes together
PGDip RVN CertSAN CertVNECC VTS(Nutrition)
Nicola works as the Head Medical Nurse at Plymouth Veterinary Group. Nicola graduated from Hartpury College with an honours degree in Equine Science, and subsequently qualified as a veterinary nurse in 2002. Nicola has written for many veterinary publications and textbooks and is the editor of Aspinall’s Complete Textbook of Veterinary Nursing. Nicola is Consultant Editor for The Veterinary Nurse. Nicola has won the BVNA / Blue Cross award for animal welfare, the SQP Veterinary Nurse of the Year and the SQP Nutritional Advisor of the Year. Nicola is currently studying for a Master’s degree in Advanced Veterinary Nursing with Glasgow University.
Session 1 – Friday 21st January 2pm-4pm
Session 2 – Friday 4th February 2pm-4pm
Session 3 – Friday 18th February 2pm-4pm
Easy To Attend!
No special equipment required...just a decent broadband connection
Can't Make One Of The Live Events?
It doesn’t matter……all sessions are recorded and you have access to them for a full 12 months after the course.
Just £227 +VAT*
* overseas customers outside the EU will not be charged VAT. Overseas customers in the EU; provide your VAT number and we will refund the VAT.
100% Money Back Guarantee
Buy with absolute confidence as your purchase is protected by our 100%, no quibble money-back guarantee
Very thorough and comprehensive courses. The course notes are a great addition too.