This is the second online Mini Series I have done, and I have found both so convenient and flexible as they allow me to work around my small children.
I enjoyed it and enjoyed being able to do at my own pace. It’s much easier to do the webinars when I have quiet time at home or in practice.
- Everything you need for calmer cat practice
- Cat Friendly Practice plus tips & tricks for medicating cats
- Geriatric Clinics – managing the care of these precious patients
- Can’t eat won’t eat – managing anorexic cats
- You have a whole year’s access to recorded sessions and study notes for reviewing key points
- Superb value for money - you learn without travelling or paying for accommodation, childcare or petcare
- Watch the recordings on your iPad, mobile, PC or tablet
- Self-assessment quiz to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification
Cat Friendly Practice plus tips & tricks for medicating cats
- Understand why a Cat Friendly approach is better for the cat, the owner & the vet
- Recognise how stress affects a cat’s physical & laboratory parameters
- Understand the basic principles of becoming a Cat Friendly Practice
- Know some of the many ways in which Cat Friendly methods & equipment can have a positive effect on feline patients
- Know the many ways to increase the chance of successfully getting medication into cats
Geriatric Clinics – managing the care of these precious patients
- Understand the changing physiology & behaviour of elderly cats, plus the most common medical problems, and how these factors all interact to cause ill health
- Understand why owners of elderly cats are hesitant to bring their cat to the vet
- Devise ways to encourage these owners to bring their elderly cats in to the vet
- Understand how changing physiology & disease require vet care to change within the clinic e.g. support for arthritic joints
Can’t eat won’t eat – managing anorexic cats
- Know the most common causes for anorexia/hyporexia in cats
- Understand how prolonged hyporexia affects the cat’s body
- Know different ways to try to stimulate a cats appetite and when it is necessary to place a feeding tube (or consider parenteral nutrition*)
- Know how to select which type of feeding tube is most appropriate and how to place them
Danièlle A. Gunn-Moore
BSc(Hon), BVM&S, PhD, MANZCVS (Feline), FHEA, FRSB, FRCVS
RCVS Specialist in Feline Medicine
Professor in Feline Medicine
Royal Dick School of Veterinary Studies and The Roslin Institute
Danièlle Gunn-Moore graduated from the R(D)SVS, University of Edinburgh, with the Dick Vet Gold Medal in 1991. After a year in small animal practice she joined The Feline Centre, University of Bristol, initially as the Feline Advisory Bureau Scholar, then the Duphar Feline Fellow, and completed a PhD study into Feline Infectious Peritonitis in 1997. After a short period as Lecturer in Veterinary Pathology, University of Bristol, she returned to Edinburgh to establish the Feline Clinic and became Professor of Feline Medicine in 2006. She is interested in all aspects of feline medicine; she is an internationally recognised expert in her area, has lectured extensively and published over a 150 peer-reviewed research papers, plus many reviews and book chapters. In 2009 she was awarded the BSAVA Woodrow Award for outstanding contribution in the field of small animal veterinary medicine, in 2011 she was awarded the International Society for Feline Medicine/Hill’s award for Outstanding Contributions to Feline Medicine, in 2012 the Royal Dick students voted her “The clinician I would most like to be”, in 2016 FECAVA awarded her “Increased Vocalisation in Elderly Cats” the most original paper in the European Journal of Companion Animal Practice that year, and in 2017 she became a Fellow of the RCVS and Fellow of the Royal Society of Biology. She shares her home with her husband Frank, a 18 year old Maine Coon boy called Mortlach (named after a Scottish single malt whisky), and a tiny little 18 year old black cat called Sheba-Ardbeg.
12 months access to recordings and course materials is included. Please note that these are webinar recordings and not live events. Full details on how to access the Mini Series will be emailed to you.
Just £347 +VAT*
* overseas customers outside the EU will not be charged VAT. Overseas customers in the EU; provide your VAT number and we will refund the VAT.
100% Money Back Guarantee
Buy with absolute confidence as your purchase is protected by our 100%, no quibble money-back guarantee
Very thorough and comprehensive courses. The course notes are a great addition too.