This is the second online Mini Series I have done, and I have found both so convenient and flexible as they allow me to work around my small children.
I enjoyed it and enjoyed being able to do at my own pace. It’s much easier to do the webinars when I have quiet time at home or in practice.
- Pros and cons of genetic testing
- Consider how genetic results should be applied to improve companion animal health
- Refreshing your knowledge of genetic testing
- You have a whole year’s access to recorded sessions and study notes for reviewing key points
- Superb value for money - you learn without travelling or paying for accommodation, childcare or petcare
- Watch the live meetings OR the recordings on your mobile, PC or tablet
- Self-assessment quiz to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification
Back to basics
- From genes to disease – clinically focussed refresher on genes, inheritance and mechanisms of genetic disease
- Demystifying genetic testing – techniques and practicalities
- Illustrated with practical examples such as testing for relatedness and breed composition
Does he have the gene for..?
- Genetic testing for diseases and traits with simple inheritance
- Explaining the benefits, problems, pitfalls and practicalities.
- Planning breeding based on genetic test results
Managing complex inherited disease
- Current genetic testing for complex traits
- Alternative routes to genetic improvement including hip and elbow schemes
- The future of managing complex genetic diseases
Dr Eleanor Raffan
BVM&S CertSAM DipECVIM-CA PhD MRCVS
RCVS & European Specialist in Small Animal Medicine
Eleanor Raffan qualified from the Dick Vet and worked in first opinion practice before residency training in Cambridge to become a specialist in small animal medicine. She divides her time between clinical work, running an obesity referral service, and researching the genetic origins of disease in dogs and humans. She is a Lecturer in Systems Physiology at the University of Cambridge.
Session 1 – Friday 10th September 2pm-4pm
Session 2 – Friday 24th September 2pm-4pm
Session 3 – Friday 8th October 2pm-4pm
Easy To Attend!
No special equipment required...just a decent broadband connection
Can't Make One Of The Live Events?
It doesn’t matter……all sessions are recorded and you have access to them for a full 12 months after the course.
Just £347 +VAT*
* overseas customers outside the EU will not be charged VAT. Overseas customers in the EU; provide your VAT number and we will refund the VAT.
100% Money Back Guarantee
Buy with absolute confidence as your purchase is protected by our 100%, no quibble money-back guarantee
Very thorough and comprehensive courses. The course notes are a great addition too.