This is the second online Mini Series I have done, and I have found both so convenient and flexible as they allow me to work around my small children.
I enjoyed it and enjoyed being able to do at my own pace. It’s much easier to do the webinars when I have quiet time at home or in practice.
- Develop mindful self-compassion and resilience
- Learn how to build a culture of compassion in the workplace
- You have a whole year’s access to recorded sessions and study notes for reviewing key points
- Superb value for money - you learn without travelling or paying for accommodation, childcare or petcare
- Watch the recordings on your iPad, mobile, PC or tablet
- Self-assessment quiz to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification
Understanding compassion and why it is important
- Identify why compassion and self-care are important
- Exploration of the two psychologies of compassion
- Understanding the three emotion systems
- How our thoughts and images affect our wellbeing
- Plenty of case-based examples
Developing mindful self-compassion and resilience
- How compassionate self-care nurtures resilience
- Mindful attention and soothing rhythm breathing
- Accepting negative experiences and emotions
- Compassionate imagery; developing our compassionate self
Creating a culture of compassion
- Connecting with our personal values
- Compassionate self-dialogue and problem solving
- Signposting the Compassionate Workplace Toolkit
- Wellbeing and business benefits of compassion
- Problem solving strategies
Dr Susie Dawson
Dr Susie Dawson, DCounsPsych, PhD, CPsychol
Dr Susie Dawson is an HCPC Registered Counselling Psychologist and Chartered Psychologist with The British Psychological Society. Susie works with the NHS in a consultancy role within a Complex Safeguarding Team and also has a private practice. Susie has two doctorates (DCounsPsych; PhD); her Professional Doctoral Research (2015) investigated veterinary surgeons’ experiences of depression. In Susie’s research PhD (2007) she investigated caregivers’ lived experiences of companion animal euthanasia and identified the concept of responsibility grief. Susie has presented her research findings at conferences internationally (Canada, Japan & Vienna) and to BVNA, BEVA and BSAVA. Susie has developed and delivered training programmes for veterinary surgeons and nurses, including being a touring guest speaker for Hills Pet Nutrition. Susie has two master’s degrees; in addition to Susie’s first degree she also has PGCE and is a qualified teacher. Susie is trained in advanced skills in compassion focused therapy and Dialectical Behavioural Therapy Skills; she is currently in completing training mindfulness teacher training. Susie has a particular interest in neurodiversity, trauma sensitive mindfulness and compassion-focused approaches to self-care. Before becoming a psychologist Susie worked with a number of animal welfare charities including, The Blue Cross, The RSPCA and RSPCA International in post war Bosnia.
12 months access to recordings and course materials is included. Please note that these are webinar recordings and not live events. Full details on how to access the Mini Series will be emailed to you.
Just £227 +VAT*
* overseas customers outside the EU will not be charged VAT. Overseas customers in the EU; provide your VAT number and we will refund the VAT.
100% Money Back Guarantee
Buy with absolute confidence as your purchase is protected by our 100%, no quibble money-back guarantee
Very thorough and comprehensive courses. The course notes are a great addition too.