Extremely good advice regarding saving what skin you can, giving things a chance first to heal, use of dressings, granulating wounds
Make me more confident in my approach to wound management to hopefully achieve better outcomes and not just do what everyone else does!
- Develop a logical problem-solving approach to open wound management
- You have a whole year’s access to recorded sessions and study notes for reviewing key points
- Superb value for money - you learn without travelling or paying for accommodation, childcare or petcare
- Watch the live meetings OR the recordings on your iPad, mobile, PC or tablet
- Self-assessment quiz to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification
Step by Step- Logical Open Wound Management
- Understanding the process of wound healing
- Determining why the wound won’t heal – is it the patient or is it us?
- Initial decision-making for Open Wound Management
- Ongoing goal-directed Open Wound Management
Surgical Wound Closure-Making the Most of Available Skin
- Understanding and implementing the ‘Rules of Closure’
- Using straightforward techniques to manage local wound tension
- The planned wound: considerations when creating a wound including the principles of surgical oncology
- The where, when and how of local skin flaps
Location, Location, Location- Managing Wounds in Tricky Locations
- When to consider more complex flaps
- Understanding the different types of skin graft
- Considering newer developments in wound management and wound management technology
- Managing wounds that seem to defy closure
MVB CertSAS MRCVS DipECVS
European and RCVS Recognised Specialist in Small Animal Surgery
Ronan graduated from University College Dublin in 1999, where he subsequently stayed on to complete an internship in small animal surgery. He then worked in general small animal practice in Berkshire before returning to Dublin to complete an ECVS-residency in small animal surgery. Following a post as lecturer in small animal surgery, he moved from Dublin to Davies Veterinary Specialists. Ronan became a Diplomate of the European College of Veterinary Surgeons in 2005 and an RCVS Recognised Specialist in Small Animal Surgery in 2006. He became head of the soft tissue surgery service at Davies Veterinary Specialists in 2010. He is interested in all aspects of soft tissue surgery, especially wound reconstruction, surgical oncology and interventional radiology techniques.
All the sessions are now available as recordings and you have access to them for a full 12 months after purchase.
So buy now and take advantage of this really easy to attend online CPD format
Easy To Attend!
No special equipment required...just a decent broadband connection
Excellent CPD. Very informative and educational. It is very easy to follow the examples and the notes are very good. It will help me to deal with difficult cases.
Just £327 +VAT*
* overseas customers outside the EU will not be charged VAT. Overseas customers in the EU; provide your VAT number and we will refund the VAT.
100% Money Back Guarantee
Buy with absolute confidence as your purchase is protected by our 100%, no quibble money-back guarantee
Very thorough and comprehensive courses. The course notes are a great addition too.