All aspects of the course are relevant to practice and will provide invaluable experience for myself, colleagues and clients and their animals
Very good series. Great content and well delivered. It will help with advising clients over the phone about their pregnant/whelping bitches, and when dealing with whelping bitches and neonates in practice, particularly if assisting with a caesarean in any way
- Get some seriously practical help to reduce stress and keep bitches and puppies safe
- You have a whole year’s access to recorded sessions and study notes for reviewing key points
- Superb value for money - you learn without travelling or paying for accommodation, childcare or petcare
- Watch the live meetings OR the recordings on your iPad, mobile, PC or tablet
- Self-assessment quiz to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification
Pre-natal Care and Whelping
- Prenatal essentials including vaccination, worming and feeding
- What to expect with the normal pregnancy
- When is intervention needed?
- How to advise and help owners
- How to tell when whelping is imminent
- Medical management of the whelping bitch
Dystocia and Anaesthesia of the Caesarian Patient
- Definitions of dystocia- what you need to know
- Pre, intra and post-operative consideration for the caesarean patient
- Safe anaesthesia for caesarean patients
- Practical tips for optimum outcomes for bitch and pups
- Decrease your stress levels in theatre!
Post-Op Care of Bitch and Neonates
- Resuscitation procedures for viable neonates
- Immediate post-op care for the bitch and pups
- Neonatal emergencies – how to spot them and deal with them effectively
- Causes of neonatal death
- Practical tips for nursing and weaning young puppies
Louise O’Dwyer MBA BSc(Hons) VTS(ECC) DipAVN(Med & Surg) RVN
Louise gained her Diploma in Advanced Veterinary Nursing (Surgical) in 2004 followed by her Diploma in Advanced Veterinary Nursing (Medical) in 2007 and Veterinary Technician Specialist (Emergency and Critical Care) in 2011 and Veterinary Technician Specialist (Anaesthesia) in 2014, making her a member of both AVECCT and AVTA. She has contributed to over 35 journal articles and book chapters, and lectures regularly on all aspects of anaesthesia, emergency and critical care, surgery and infection control. Louise spent 15 years working at PetMedics in Manchester firstly as Head Nurse and then Clinical Director. In October 2015 Louise moved to Vets Now to take on the role of Clinical Support Manager. Louise’s interests include all aspects of emergency care but particularly trauma patients, as well as anaesthesia, surgical nursing, infection control and wound management. Louise is the co-author of ‘Practical Emergency and Critical Care Veterinary Nursing’ as well as ‘Wound Management in Small Animals: A Practical Guide for Veterinary Nurses and Technicians’, and the BSAVA ‘Pocketbook for Nurses’ and the forthcoming ‘A Veterinary Nurse’s Guide to Infection Prevention and Control’.
All the sessions are now available as recordings and you have access to them for a full 12 months after purchase.
So buy now and take advantage of this fully flexible online CPD format.
Easy To Attend!
No special equipment required...just a decent broadband connection
Thoroughly enjoyed the course. I found Louise an interesting speaker who was able to hold my attention. The most useful part for me was Session 1. I felt a bit unsure regarding what was normal and what advice to give to owners. I also found the part about resuscitating puppies useful as we have been using old protocols in my practice. I am going to use what I have learnt to draw up new protocols for the practice with regards to when a whelping bitch needs seen etc
Just £327 +VAT*
* overseas customers outside the EU will not be charged VAT. Overseas customers in the EU; provide your VAT number and we will refund the VAT.
100% Money Back Guarantee
Buy with absolute confidence as your purchase is protected by our 100%, no quibble money-back guarantee
Very thorough and comprehensive courses. The course notes are a great addition too.