This is the second online Mini Series I have done, and I have found both so convenient and flexible as they allow me to work around my small children.
I enjoyed it and enjoyed being able to do at my own pace. It’s much easier to do the webinars when I have quiet time at home or in practice.
- Get the best outcomes with your BOAS patients
- How to assess your patients accurately
- How to manage them effectively
- Highly practical procedure and surgical tips
- You have a whole year’s access to recorded sessions and study notes for reviewing key points
- Superb value for money - you learn without travelling or paying for accommodation, childcare or petcare
- Watch the live meetings OR the recordings on your iPad, mobile, PC or tablet
- Self-assessment quiz to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification
Brachycephalic obstructive airway syndrome: patient assessment
- Conditions discussed will include:
- Stenotic nares
- Elongated soft palate
- Aberrant nasal turbinates
- Laryngeal collapse (grades 1 to 3)
- Aryepiglottic fold entrapment
- Aspiration pneumonia
Brachycephalic obstructive airway syndrome: surgical correction
- Timing of surgery and preoperative management
- Considerations when hospitalising the brachycephalic patient
- Anaesthesia considerations
- Surgical technique for soft palate resection and rhinoplasty
- Post-operative management and complications
- Placement and management of a temporary tracheostomy tube
- Prognosis and long term evaluation
- Reporting and record keeping of conformational surgery
Other common conditions of the brachycephalic patient
- Dermatological – intertrigo, facial fold pyoderma, screw tail conformation
- Hiatal hernia and pyloric stenosis
- Ophthalmological – corneal ulceration
- Dystocia and Caesarean section
- Vertebral malformations
MA VetMB CertVDI CertSAS FHEA DiplECVS MRCVS
Zoë Halfacree is an RCVS and European Specialist in Small Animal Surgery. She is Head of Soft Tissue Surgery and a Senior Lecturer in Small Animal Surgery at The Royal Veterinary College. Zoë qualified from Cambridge University and worked in a Small Animal first opinion practice for a couple of years, before embarking upon specialist training at The Royal Veterinary College. She holds the RCVS certificates in Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging and Small Animal Surgery and the European Diploma in Small Animal Surgery.
Session 1 – Tuesday 26th February 2019 12pm-2pm
Session 2 – Tuesday 12th March 2019 12pm-2pm
Session 3 – Tuesday 26th March 2019 12pm-2pm
Easy To Attend!
No special equipment required...just a decent broadband connection
Can't Make One Of The Live Events?
It doesn’t matter……all sessions are recorded and you have access to them for a full 12 months after the course.
Just £347 +VAT*
* overseas customers outside the EU will not be charged VAT. Overseas customers in the EU; provide your VAT number and we will refund the VAT.
100% Money Back Guarantee
Buy with absolute confidence as your purchase is protected by our 100%, no quibble money-back guarantee
Very thorough and comprehensive courses. The course notes are a great addition too.