The videos were informative - it was great watching at home. I liked the quiz afterwards.
Beyond expectations, and can't believe I haven't done anything like this before! Immeasurably, this will help me in practice to have a more structured approach and feel like I am improving my methods.
- Patient assessment
- Management options including regenerative medicine
- Physiotherapy and rehabilitation
- Complete the course in your own time and revisit whenever you have a relevant patient!
- Everything you need to know to make sure you['re up to date with current recommendations
- You have a whole year’s access to recorded sessions and study notes for reviewing key points
- Watch the live meetings OR the recordings on your iPad, mobile, PC or tablet
- Self-assessment quiz to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification
- Superb value for money - you learn without travelling or paying for accommodation, childcare or petcare
What is osteoarthritis and how do we assess it?
- The pathophysiology and clinical signs of osteoarthritis.
- The differences between acute and chronic pain, and their effects on our patients.
- How to use different diagnostic tools in the investigation of degenerative joint disease.
- The different types of questionnaires and tools we have to assess the quality of life of our patients.
Management of OA in small animals: it is not only drugs. New horizons with regenerative medicine.
- Which drugs do we have available to treat chronic pain in our patients.
- Types of joint supplements/nutraceuticals and their effects in the joint.
- The evidence behind the use of regenerative medicine, including platelet rich plasma and stem cell therapy, in the management of osteoarthritis.
- Types, indications and contraindications of regenerative medicine.
Physiotherapy and rehabilitation in animals with osteoarthritis
- The physiotherapy techniques we can use in the management of patient with osteoarthritis, their effects, indications and contraindications.
- The importance of establishing a rehabilitation protocol to improve the quality of life and functionality of osteoarthritic patients.
DVM, PhD, DACVS-SA, DECVS, DACVSMR, CCRT, FHEA, MRCVS
American, European and RCVS Specialist in Small Animal Surgery
American Specialist in Canine Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation
I graduated in Veterinary Medicine by the University of Zaragoza (Spain) in 1998. Following a rotating internship at the Autonomous University of Barcelona, I completed a PhD regarding bone lengthening in dogs at that same institution. I then moved to the US and completed a rotating internship at the University of Florida and a residency in small animal surgery at Washington State University. I became a board certified surgeon by the ACVS and ECVS in 2009. In 2014 I obtained the certificate in Canine Rehabilitation Therapy and became a diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation. Nowadays I work as a lecturer in small animal surgery (orthopedics) and I have developed the Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation service at the Royal Veterinary College in London.
Session 1 – Monday 20th May 2019 2pm-4pm
Session 2 – Monday 10th June 2019 2pm-4pm
Session 3 – Friday 21st June 2019 2pm-4pm
Easy To Attend!
No special equipment required...just a decent broadband connection
Can't Make One Of The Live Events?
It doesn’t matter……all sessions are recorded and you have access to them for a full 12 months after the course.
Just £347 +VAT*
* overseas customers outside the EU will not be charged VAT. Overseas customers in the EU; provide your VAT number and we will refund the VAT.
100% Money Back Guarantee
Buy with absolute confidence as your purchase is protected by our 100%, no quibble money-back guarantee
Very thorough and comprehensive courses. The course notes are a great addition too.