Related to what we can do in practice – so many practical tips to take away and use.
Course has given me more confidence in diagnosis
- Get help at the right level with your small animal emergency patients
- Focus on intoxications, challenging trauma presentations and respiratory emergencies
- Designed for Advanced Practitioners and those at that level
- You have a whole year’s access to recorded sessions and study notes for reviewing key points
- Superb value for money - you learn without travelling or paying for accommodation, childcare or petcare
- Watch the recordings on your iPad, mobile, PC or tablet
- Self-assessment quiz to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification
Treatment principles of Intoxications
- General treatment principles, including: Useful investigations while stabilising the major organ systems. Was this patient poisoned? When is the induction of emesis appropriate? Methods of limiting toxin absorption and increasing toxin excretion. Antidotes.
- Case management discussion for ethylene glycol, permethrin, paracetamol, chocolate and others.
- Discussion of advanced management, including discussion of peritoneal dialysis.
Approach to the trauma patient
- Triage, primary and secondary survey, stabilization principles. Tips and tricks with case examples)
- Discussion will include the differences of canine and feline trauma patients. When to transfuse? Was it head trauma and how can I deal with this in practice. Treatment options and prognosis.
Dealing with respiratory emergencies
- Discussion will include the recognition of disease location, stabilization and further diagnostics, including blood gases.
- Practical approach to the dyspnoeic patient: Always oxygen? How to administer oxygen in the best way. When is it time to radiograph? Should I do an ultrasound investigation, too? Are blood values helpful to distinguish respiratory from cardiac pathology?
- Respiratory lookalikes and other disease processes that can influence the breathing pattern.
TA, GPCert (SAP), DACVECC, DECVECC, MRCVS
American, European and RCVS recognised Specialist in Emergency and Critical Care
Tobias completed a Vets Now Residency in Emergency and Critical Care at the University of Glasgow and acquired “Specialist” status by becoming board certified as a Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care in 2013 in San Diego.
Tobias has lectured worldwide at different veterinary meetings, including the largest International Emergency Symposium (IVECCS, USA) and the largest European Veterinary Congress (BSAVA, UK). He has published various veterinary articles in English and German and is chairman of the British Association of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care (BAVECC). He was previously nominated for the “Pet Plan Vet of the year” and won the “Vets Now Referral Clinician of the year” award in 2013. He is currently proud member of the ECC referral service consisting of two ECC specialists, two residents, one intern and three nurses in the Vets Now Pet Emergency Hospital in Glasgow, Scotland.
12 months access to recordings and course materials is included. Please note that these are webinar recordings and not live events. Full details on how to access the Mini Series will be emailed to you.
Just £327 +VAT*
* overseas customers outside the EU will not be charged VAT. Overseas customers in the EU; provide your VAT number and we will refund the VAT.
100% Money Back Guarantee
Buy with absolute confidence as your purchase is protected by our 100%, no quibble money-back guarantee
Very thorough and comprehensive courses. The course notes are a great addition too.