Really well structured and easy to understand, will be more keen to try to give a provisional diagnosis of these problems in future
Covered very logically through different diseases. Good discussion on problem solving when owner finances limited so MRI not available
- Get some seriously practical help with managing neurological conditions you will see in practice
- You have a whole year’s access to recorded sessions and study notes for reviewing key points
- Superb value for money - you learn without travelling or paying for accommodation, childcare or petcare
- Watch the live meetings OR the recordings on your iPad, mobile, PC or tablet
- Self-assessment quiz to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification
Lecture 1: Seizures – So Many Drugs! Which One Should I Use?
Lecture 2: Emergency Seizure Control
- What a seizure looks like compared to other causes of collapse
- How to tell the difference between a focal and a generalised seizure?
- How and when to start medication
- The use, success and side effects of all available seizure drugs for cats and dogs
- How to manage status epilepticus
Lecture 1: Non-Painful Spinal Diseases of the Dog and Cat
Lecture 2: Painful Spinal Diseases of the Dog and Cat
- How to localise a spinal condition affecting the nervous system
- Causes of painful and non-painful spinal conditions
- How to diagnose and treat disc disease, FCE, degenerative myelopathy, spinal trauma and syringomyelia
Lecture 1: Cranial Nerve Dysfunctions of the Dog
Lecture 2: Vestibular Diseases of the Dog and Cat
- How to recognise vestibular disease
- How to determine central versus peripheral vestibular disease
- Wound management clinics in your practice
- The causes of central and peripheral vestibular disease
- How to treat vestibular diseases, including CNS inflammatory causes and idiopathic dysfunction
- How to diagnose and treat other cranial nerve diseases such as trismus, blindness, anisocoria, facial paresis and dropped jaw
Professor Simon Platt
Professor Simon Platt
BVM&S MRCVS, Dipl. ACVIM (Neurology) Dipl.ECVN
RCVS Specialist in Veterinary Neurology
Professor Simon Platt received his veterinary degree from the University of Edinburgh, Scotland, in 1992. Following that, he undertook an internship in Small Animal Medicine and Surgery at the Ontario Veterinary College at the University of Guelph and a two-year period in private practice in England. Simon completed a residency in neurology and neurosurgery in 1998 at the University of Florida and afterward spent two years as an assistant professor of Neurology at the University of Georgia. In 2000, he returned to the UK where he was Head of the Neurology/Neurosurgery service at the Animal Health Trust until 2006. Since then he has been an associate professor and then professor in the Dept. of Small Animal Medicine and Surgery at the University of Georgia.
All the sessions are now available as recordings and you have access to them for a full 12 months after purchase.
So buy now and take advantage of this fully flexible online CPD format.
Easy To Attend!
No special equipment required...just a decent broadband connection
The Mini Series has helped me to look more carefully for other causes of neurological disease I can treat without need for MRI diagnosis
Just £327 +VAT*
* overseas customers outside the EU will not be charged VAT. Overseas customers in the EU; provide your VAT number and we will refund the VAT.
100% Money Back Guarantee
Buy with absolute confidence as your purchase is protected by our 100%, no quibble money-back guarantee
Very thorough and comprehensive courses. The course notes are a great addition too.