Very practical, doses of drugs used most useful. I will think more about individual patient requirements in practice and start to use more local analgesia
Up to date information on current drugs for use managing acute and chronic pain together with ways to assess degrees of pain in animals. It will improve the management of pain in patients
- Get up to date practical information about how to implement analgesic techniques in practice
- You have a whole year’s access to recorded sessions and study notes for reviewing key points
- Superb value for money - you learn without travelling or paying for accommodation, childcare or petcare
- Watch the live meetings OR the recordings on your iPad, mobile, PC or tablet
- Self-assessment quiz to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification
Pathophysiology of Acute Pain and Underpinning Principles of Pain Management
- What is acute pain and what does it mean to animals?
- The pathophysiology of acute pain and mechanisms underpinning hyperalgesia, allodynia and spontaneous pain
- How to recognise and quantify acute pain
- The advantages and disadvantages of tools to quantify acute pain, including the Glasgow Composite Pain Scale, Botacatu Feline Acute Pain Scale and Colorado Acute Pain Scale
- Principles and evidence in support of a mechanisms based approach to analgesia, multi-modal analgesia and preventive analgesia
Rational Approach to Drug Therapy for the Management of Acute Pain in Cats and Dogs
- Clinical pharmacology of opioids, NSAIDs
- Clinical pharmacology of ketamine, lidocaine, alpha 2 agonists and tramadol
- How to build analgesia protocols and tailor analgesia protocols to meet the demands of the individual patient
- Practical information about how to implement analgesic techniques in practice
- Local anaesthetic techniques: how to make them accessible
Chronic Pain Management in Cats and Dogs
- What is chronic pain and what does it mean to cats and dogs?
- Pathophysiology of chronic inflammatory and neuropathic pain
- How to recognise and quantify chronic pain and quality of life
- How to practically introduce pain assessment tools into management of patients with chronic pain
- Clinical pharmacology of drugs used in the management of chronic pain
- Recent evidence on the chronic use of NSAIDs in cats and the clinical pharmacology of analgesics such as paracetamol, PLT, gabapentin, amantadine and tramadol and evidence to support their use in chronic pain conditions
- Focus on management of osteoarthritis pain and what to do when NSAIDs are no longer effective
Jo Murrell BVSc (Hons) PhD Dipl ECVAA MRCVS European Specialist in Veterinary Anaesthesia and Analgesia
Jo graduated from Bristol University in 1994 and completed a clinical fellowship in anaesthesia at Bristol before undertaking a PhD investigating neurophysiological correlates of pain in horses, also at Bristol, which she was awarded in 2001. In 2001 she moved to the University of Utrecht as Head of Small Animal Anaesthesia and was awarded her European Diploma in Veterinary Anaesthesia and Analgesia in 2002. After a brief two year period in New Zealand as a Post Doctoral Research Fellow between 2005-2007, Jo returned to the University of Bristol as a Senior Lecturer in Veterinary Anaesthesia where she divides her time between clinics and leading the Anaesthesia and Analgesia Research Group. Jo is passionate about clinical pain management and pain research with the aim of promoting best practice in analgesia provision in patients.
All the sessions are now available as recordings and you have access to them for a full 12 months after purchase.
So buy now and take advantage of this fully flexible online CPD format.
Easy To Attend!
No special equipment required...just a decent broadband connection
The series gave me good information on each drug, the way it works, how to use and side effects which can be a little tiresome to research individually for each drug that I come across
Just £327 +VAT*
* overseas customers outside the EU will not be charged VAT. Overseas customers in the EU; provide your VAT number and we will refund the VAT.
100% Money Back Guarantee
Buy with absolute confidence as your purchase is protected by our 100%, no quibble money-back guarantee
Very thorough and comprehensive courses. The course notes are a great addition too.