This is the second online Mini Series I have done, and I have found both so convenient and flexible as they allow me to work around my small children.
I enjoyed it and enjoyed being able to do at my own pace. It’s much easier to do the webinars when I have quiet time at home or in practice.
- Essential Practical Tips to help you get the best outcomes with your Ophthalmic Surgery Patients
- You have a whole year’s access to recorded sessions and study notes for reviewing key points
- Superb value for money - you learn without travelling or paying for accommodation, childcare or petcare
- Watch the recordings on your iPad, mobile, PC or tablet
- Self-assessment quiz to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification
The surgical approach to eyelid disease
- What surgical instruments should I keep in my ‘eye kit’?
- Surgical preparation and positioning
- Trichiasis – facial folds, dermoids and facial slip
- Entropion – when lids are too tight
- Ectropion – when lids are too long
- Entropion-ectropion complex – the diamond eye dilemma
- Eyelid masses – the small and the enormous
The surgical options for the non-healing ulcer
- Spontaneous Chronic Corneal Epithelial Defects (SCCED) vs the complicated ulcer
- Aetiopathogenesis and its impact on choice of surgical procedure
- Debridement, grid & punctate keratotomies, corneal burr procedures
- Complicated deep ulcers and their surgical options
The surgical options for eye removal
- Dogs vs cats vs rabbits – the potential pitfalls of each
- Transconjunctival enucleation – pros and cons & how to do it
- Transpalpebral enucleation – pros and cons & how to do it
- Evisceration and intrascleral prosthesis – pros and cons & how to do it
BVSc CertVOphthal DipECVO MRCVS
European & RCVS Specialist in Veterinary Ophthalmology
Claudia graduated from the University of Bristol in 1995, and worked in first opinion practice in both farm animal and small animal practices for nine years. During this period she gained her RCVS Certificate in Veterinary Ophthalmology, which tempted her into a residency at the Animal Health Trust (AHT) in 2004. She gained her European Diploma in Veterinary Ophthalmology in 2007. Claudia became head of the AHT unit of Comparative Veterinary Ophthalmology in 2009, and then moved to Davies Veterinary Specialists in 2015. Since March 2017 Claudia has been head of Ophthalmology at Langford Veterinary Services, Bristol Veterinary School.
Claudia is particularly interested in ophthalmic surgery and treatment of wild or zoological species with ophthalmic problems. She has worked with a number of international charities worldwide to alleviate ocular discomfort and treat visual impairment. Claudia loves working as part of a team of highly qualified and dedicated specialists at Langford Veterinary Services, and teaching both undergraduate and postgraduate veterinary nurses and surgeons.
12 months access to recordings and course materials is included. Please note that these are webinar recordings and not live events. Full details on how to access the Mini Series will be emailed to you.
Just £347 +VAT*
* overseas customers outside the EU will not be charged VAT. Overseas customers in the EU; provide your VAT number and we will refund the VAT.
100% Money Back Guarantee
Buy with absolute confidence as your purchase is protected by our 100%, no quibble money-back guarantee
Very thorough and comprehensive courses. The course notes are a great addition too.