Superb idea for CPD in the comfort of your own home.
12 months access gives me plenty of time to do it. That is what is great about your courses.
- Triage and essential support
- How to manage Sepsis
- CPR - basic and Advanced Life Support
- You have a whole year’s access to recorded sessions and study notes for reviewing key points
- Superb value for money - you learn without travelling or paying for accommodation, childcare or petcare
- Watch the recordings on your iPad, mobile, PC or tablet
- Self-assessment quiz to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification
Triage of the emergency patient
- Triage of the emergency patient
- The cardiovascular system
- The respiratory system
- The neurological system
- The renal system
- Oxygen-therapy and stabilisation of the dyspnoeic patient
- Fluid therapy
- Fluid types
- Fluid rates
- Analgesia of the emergency patient
- Case discussion
- The multi-trauma patient
The septic patient
- Sepsis – definition and signs
- Treatment goals – what should you aim to?
- Essential treatment – which fluids? Which drugs? And how much?
- What to do if you cannot get that blood pressure up? Which drugs are available and how to administer them?
- Supportive treatment
Cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Preparedness – how to get your practice as prepared as possible for such an event?
- What is basic life support? How to perform chest compressions and how to ventilate the patient who has arrested.
- Advanced life support – you will learn what drug to give and when to give it. We will discuss the different arrest rhythms and treatments, how to administer fluid-therapy and what else can be done for the patient during CPR
- Knowing how to monitor a patient during CPR is paramount for decision making. What monitoring can you rely on? How long should you be doing CPR for?
DVM, CertVA, DipECVAA, MRCVS
European Specialist in Veterinary Anaesthesia and Analgesia
RCVS Specialist in Anaesthesia
Alessandra graduated from the University of Perugia (Italy) in 2003, after which she worked in general veterinary practice in Italy for three years. During this period Alessandra really enjoyed the challenge of facing a variety of cases every day, but soon became keen on Anaesthesia and felt that she wanted to specialise in the subject.
Alessandra decided to visit Anaesthesia departments in a number of veterinary institutions, mostly in North America. Alessandra then undertook an Anaesthesia Internship at the Royal Veterinary College in London followed by a three year Residency in Anaesthesia and Analgesia at the Royal Veterinary College during which she gained her RCVS Certificate in Veterinary Anaesthesia. Alessandra then joined Willows in 2011 and became a Diplomate of the European College of Anaesthesia and Analgesia in 2012.
Alessandra is particularly interested in the anaesthesia of the critically ill patient. She enjoys working as part of the team of highly qualified and dedicated specialists at Willows, and helping to keep the veterinary and clinical support staff up to date with the latest anaesthetic and intensive care techniques.
12 months access to recordings and course materials is included. Please note that these are webinar recordings and not live events. Full details on how to access the Mini Series will be emailed to you.
Just £347 +VAT*
* overseas customers outside the EU will not be charged VAT. Overseas customers in the EU; provide your VAT number and we will refund the VAT.
100% Money Back Guarantee
Buy with absolute confidence as your purchase is protected by our 100%, no quibble money-back guarantee
Very thorough and comprehensive courses. The course notes are a great addition too.