Superb idea for CPD in the comfort of your own home.
12 months access gives me plenty of time to do it. That is what is great about your courses.
- Get a clearer image and learn how to get the best biopsies with your endoscope
- Control your scope like a pro!
- Superb value for money - you learn without travelling or paying for accommodation, childcare or petcare
- Watch the live meetings OR the recordings on your iPad, mobile, PC or tablet
- Self-assessment quiz to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification
- You have a whole year’s access to recorded sessions and study notes for reviewing key points
Upper GI Endoscopy Part 1
- Understand difference between videoendoscopes and fibreoptic endoscopes and how this may impact on your procedure
- Learn how to care for your endoscope including cleaning and avoidance of damage
- Find out the main controls for gastroscopes and a few hints and tips of how to manipulate the endoscope to your will
- Know the main ancillary equipment that will assist you in endoscopic procedures e.g. biopsy forceps, basket forceps
- A case based approach to different oesophageal diseases and how endoscopy may help you in the diagnosis and management of these conditions
Upper GI Endoscopy Part 2 and Lower GI Endoscopy
- Understand the limitations of endoscopic biopsies for the diagnosis of enteropathies and learn how to select your cases to ensure you can interpret the results
- Learn a logical approach to examination of the upper GI tract and how to identify some of the common abnormalities that might be observed
- Discuss techniques for endoscopic removal of gastric foreign bodies including the use of additional equipment
- Learn how to place percutaneous endoscopic gastrotomy tube and discuss the indications and contraindications for this intervention
- Review endoscopic biopsy techniques and learn some tips on how to achieve representative samples and avoid non-diagnostic results
- Understand the indications for lower intestinal endoscopic examination and find out how to complete this procedure
Rhinoscopy, Bronchoscopy and Cystoscopy
- Understand the indications for rhinoscopy and rhinoscopic biopsy
- Understand the limitations of this procedure, particularly in the absence of a good radiological appraisal
- Identify some of the common nasal diseases and learn different techniques for the management of Aspergillosis
- Learn a practical approach to the safe use of bronchoscopy in practice
- Understand the indications for bronchoscopy and utilise a logical approach to airway assessment
- Learn how to approach cystoscopy including body positioning, key anatomical structures and basic cystoscopic techniques
MA VetMB CertSAM DipECVIM-CA MRCVS
RCVS and European Specialist in Small Animal Internal Medicine
Paul Higgs qualified from the University of Cambridge in 2006 and, after graduating, he joined a busy Small Animal Practice in Somerset with a side-line in safari animal care at Longleat Safari Park. In 2010 he achieved the RCVS Certificate in Small Animal Medicine whilst working in general practice.
Between 2010 and 2013 Paul then undertook a residency in Small Animal Internal Medicine at the Small Animal Hospital, University of Bristol, following which he worked part time as a senior clinician. He was awarded Diplomate status at the European College of Veterinary Internal Medicine in 2014 and is a recognised RCVS and European Specialist in Small Animal Internal Medicine.
Paul is currently Head of Internal Medicine at Eastcott Referrals in Wiltshire and sits on the scientific programme committee for BSAVA Annual Congress. Paul has lectured internationally on many topics associated with internal medicine but his passion lies firmly in the use of endoscopy in the diagnosis and management of medical conditions.
Session 1 –Friday 29th September 2017 2pm-4pm
Session 2 –Friday 13th October 2017 2pm-4pm
Session 3 – Friday 20th October 2017 2pm-4pm
Easy To Attend!
No special equipment required...just a decent broadband connection
Can't Make One Of The Live Events?
It doesn’t matter……all sessions are recorded and you have access to them for a full 12 months after the course.
Just £327 +VAT*
* overseas customers outside the EU will not be charged VAT. Overseas customers in the EU; provide your VAT number and we will refund the VAT.
100% Money Back Guarantee
Buy with absolute confidence as your purchase is protected by our 100%, no quibble money-back guarantee
Very thorough and comprehensive courses. The course notes are a great addition too.