Easy to use great course notes, good speaker. I will try to integrate things that have been suggested into practice so the nurse team can do more
- Get some seriously practical help with assessing, supporting and monitoring dentistry cases you will see in practice
- You have a whole year’s access to recorded sessions and study notes for reviewing key points
- Superb value for money - you learn without travelling or paying for accommodation, childcare or petcare
- Watch the live meetings OR the recordings on your iPad, mobile, PC or tablet
- Self-assessment quiz to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification
What’s Normal and What’s Not: Assessing Dental Cases
- Dental and oral anatomy
- How to perform a thorough oral and dental examination in practice
- How to accurately identify health and normality
- How to cope with dental trauma cases
- Dental diseases in the dog and cat
- Bite assessment and abnormalities
Periodontal Disease: the Hidden Epidemic
- Gingivitis – what is it and how can it be prevented?
- Periodontitis – how does this occur and how does it differ from gingivitis?
- How to assess disease severity
- How to treat periodontal disease effectively and treatment options for different cases
- How to monitor cases with periodontal disease
- VN Dental Clinics
Advancing the Service and Improving Care
- Equipment choice, care and considerations
- Intra-oral radiography – role, benefits, equipment and technique introduction
- Treatment techniques – treatment options available
- Advanced equipment and techniques – restorations, root canal therapy etc
- Differing patient needs, care and set-up
- Analgesia and comfort of the patient – multimodal approaches and local analgesia
- How to support and monitor patients with oral and dental disease
Dr Alex Smithson
BVM&S MRCVS BDS(Hons)
Dr Alex Smithson is a dually qualified Veterinary Surgeon and Dental Surgeon; he operates Veterinary Dental, Oral & Maxillofacial Referrals in North West England. First qualifying as a vet, Alex undertook six years of formal training in veterinary dentistry, oral & maxillofacial surgery. He then went on to dually qualify as a human dentist and combines experience from both veterinary specialist centres and human hospitals. He is a member of the British Association of Oral Surgeons and British Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. Course Organiser for the British Veterinary Dental Association for nine years, he has taught at numerous universities, veterinary centres and CPD courses in the UK and Europe. Alex is visiting lecturer in Dentistry and Oral Surgery at Nottingham University Veterinary School.
All the sessions are now available as recordings and you have access to them for a full 12 months after purchase.
So buy now and take advantage of this fully flexible online CPD format.
Easy To Attend!
No special equipment required...just a decent broadband connection
The course notes to be able to go back and read through where really useful, these sessions have given me a better understanding of dentistry work
Just £327 +VAT*
* overseas customers outside the EU will not be charged VAT. Overseas customers in the EU; provide your VAT number and we will refund the VAT.
100% Money Back Guarantee
Buy with absolute confidence as your purchase is protected by our 100%, no quibble money-back guarantee
Very thorough and comprehensive courses. The course notes are a great addition too.