This is the second online Mini Series I have done, and I have found both so convenient and flexible as they allow me to work around my small children.
I enjoyed it and enjoyed being able to do at my own pace. It’s much easier to do the webinars when I have quiet time at home or in practice.
- Haemorrhage and GDV
- Head Trauma and Heatstroke
- Poisoning and Toxicities
- Superb value for money - you learn without travelling or paying for accommodation, childcare or petcare
- Watch the live meetings OR the recordings on your iPad, mobile, PC or tablet
- Self-assessment quiz to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification
- You have a whole year’s access to recorded sessions and study notes for reviewing key points
Head trauma and Heatstroke
- Understand the pathophysiology behind head trauma, and the processes that may lead to an increase in intracranial pressure.
- Gain knowledge on the appropriate treatment and nursing management of traumatic brain injury patients
- Understand the effects that hyperthermia is likely to have on the various orgsn systems within the body
- Recognise how hyperthermic patients should be monitored, in order to detect early deterioration.
Haemorrhaging and GDV Patients
- Understand the different type of blood ‘loss’ – from patients presenting with hypovolaemic shock due to haemorrhage to immune mediated haemolytic anaemia.
- Improved knowledge of the clotting cascade and how we can recognize and treat thrombocytopaenia in a clinical setting
- Learn skills in identifying the GDV patient and the emergency treatment carried out
- Understand the derangements in the different organ systems which can occur as a result of GDV
- Gain an understanding of sepsis, systemic inflammatory response syndrome and disseminated intravascular coagulation – and why they can affect the GDV patient
Dealing with Poisonings and Toxicities
- Recognise potential or known poisoning cases via telephone triage, and relevant histories and clinical signs which are likely to be seen
- Identify the common treatments for dealing with poisoning cases including drugs used to induce emesis, control seizure activity and antidotes.
- Identify the clinical signs seen with specific poisoning cases, how they should be managed and the prognosis for a good outcome, including: metaldehyde, xylitol, ethylene glycol, theobromine and rodenticide cases.
MBA BSc(Hons) VTS(Anaesthesia/Analgesia & ECC) DipAVN(Medical & Surgical) RVN
Louise gained her Diploma in Advanced Veterinary Nursing (Surgical) in 2004 followed by her Diploma in Advanced Veterinary Nursing (Medical) in 2007 and Veterinary Technician Specialist (Emergency and Critical Care) in 2011 and Veterinary Technician Specialist (Anaesthesia) in 2014. Louise has contributed to over 35 books, journal articles and book chapters, and lectures worldwide on all aspects of anaesthesia, emergency and critical care, surgery and infection control, within the UK, Europe, Scandinavia, Australia and USA.
Louise spent 15 years working at PetMedics in Manchester firstly as Head Nurse and then Clinical Director and in October 2015 Louise moved to Vets Now to take up the position of Clinical Support Manager. Louise’s interests include all aspects of emergency care but particularly trauma patients, as well as anaesthesia, surgical nursing, infection control and wound management. Louise was delighted to be the recipient of the prestigious Bruce Vivash Jones Veterinary Nurse Award 2016, which is given in recognition of outstanding contributions to the advancement of small animal veterinary nursing as well as in July 2016 being awarded the Golden Jubilee Award by the RCVS for exceptional contribution to veterinary nursing.
Session 1 – Wednesday 20th March 2pm-4pm
Session 2 – Wednesday 3rd April 2pm-4pm
Session 3 – Wednesday 17th April 2pm-4pm
Easy To Attend!
No special equipment required...just a decent broadband connection
Can't Make One Of The Live Events?
It doesn’t matter……all sessions are recorded and you have access to them for a full 12 months after the course.
Just £227 +VAT*
* overseas customers outside the EU will not be charged VAT. Overseas customers in the EU; provide your VAT number and we will refund the VAT.
100% Money Back Guarantee
Buy with absolute confidence as your purchase is protected by our 100%, no quibble money-back guarantee
Very thorough and comprehensive courses. The course notes are a great addition too.