This is the second online Mini Series I have done, and I have found both so convenient and flexible as they allow me to work around my small children.
I enjoyed it and enjoyed being able to do at my own pace. It’s much easier to do the webinars when I have quiet time at home or in practice.
- Shock and how to deal with it
- What's that screen trying to tell you? - Essential monitoring
- When your standard pain relief isn't enough.....
- Watch the live meetings OR the recordings on your iPad, mobile, PC or tablet
- Superb value for money - you learn without travelling or paying for accommodation, childcare or petcare
- You have a whole year’s access to recorded sessions and study notes for reviewing key points
- Self-assessment quiz to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification
Monitoring anaesthesia challenges – what is that screen trying to tell you?
- Understanding each parameter on that monitor – ECG, pulse oximetry, capnography, blood pressure, temperature, end tidal agents. Some physics and some physiology will be explained to illustrate how monitors work and what we are measuring.
- Modern monitors – PI and PPV, what do these mean and how to use them in clinical practice
- Often there is more information in the curve than in the number. The various curves you see on the monitor will be explained
- Finally, you will learn to put all the information together for a deeper understanding of what is happening during the anaesthetic and to guide prompt intervention
Shock – How to deal with different types of shock in anaesthetised patients
- How to best deal with a patient in septic shock? Including principles of fluid therapy and use of inotropes and pressors
- Hypovolaemic shock – what to do when you are faced with major blood loss in theatre. When are fluids enough or when should one reach for blood products?
- Cardiogenic shock – Choice of most cardiovascular sparing drugs and anaesthetic consideration for the patient with markedly depressed cardiac function
Pain – when an NSAID and an opioid are not enough
- Brief overview of pain pathways and types of pain
- Concept of pre-emptive analgesia
- Non-opioid analgesics, their effects, side effects and uses, including local anaesthetic techniques
- Pain scores and the post-anaesthetic pain management
DVM, CertVA, DipECVAA, MRCVS
European Specialist in Veterinary Anaesthesia and Analgesia
RCVS Specialist in Anaesthesia
Alessandra graduated from the University of Perugia (Italy) in 2003, after which she worked in general veterinary practice in Italy for three years. Alessandra then undertook an Anaesthesia Internship at the Royal Veterinary College in London followed by a three year Residency in Anaesthesia and Analgesia at the Royal Veterinary College during which she gained her RCVS Certificate in Veterinary Anaesthesia. Alessandra then joined Willows Veterinary Referrals in 2010 and became a Diplomate of the European College of Anaesthesia and Analgesia in 2012.
Alessandra is particularly interested in the anaesthesia of the critically ill patient. She enjoys working as part of the team of highly qualified and dedicated specialists at Willows Veterinary Referrals, and helping to keep the veterinary and clinical support staff up to date with the latest anaesthetic and intensive care techniques. Because Willows Veterinary Referrals is a very busy practice, Alessandra understands the difference between theory and practice and has a very clinical orientated approach to cases.
Alessandra has a soft spot for dachshunds, particularly wired haired miniature ones and has two of her own, Sheldon and Hector which she enjoys spending time with when she is not at work.
Session 1 –Thursday 14th February 2019 2pm-4pm
Session 2 –Thursday 28th February 2019 2pm-4pm
Session 3 –Thursday 14th March 2019 2pm-4pm
Easy To Attend!
No special equipment required...just a decent broadband connection
Can't Make One Of The Live Events?
It doesn’t matter……all sessions are recorded and you have access to them for a full 12 months after the course.
Just £347 +VAT*
* overseas customers outside the EU will not be charged VAT. Overseas customers in the EU; provide your VAT number and we will refund the VAT.
100% Money Back Guarantee
Buy with absolute confidence as your purchase is protected by our 100%, no quibble money-back guarantee
Very thorough and comprehensive courses. The course notes are a great addition too.