This is the second online Mini Series I have done, and I have found both so convenient and flexible as they allow me to work around my small children.
I enjoyed it and enjoyed being able to do at my own pace. It’s much easier to do the webinars when I have quiet time at home or in practice.
- All about soft tissue masses (including feline injection site sarcoma)
- All about bone tumours and splenic tumours
- All All about the approach….. to intranasal tumours, oral tumours, anal gland and urogenital tumours.
- You have a whole year’s access to recorded sessions and study notes for reviewing key points
- Superb value for money - you learn without travelling or paying for accommodation, childcare or petcare
- Watch the live meetings OR the recordings on your iPad, mobile, PC or tablet
- Self-assessment quiz to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification
- Get the knowledge and confidence you need to get the best outcomes in these patients in your practice
Introduction & all about soft tissue masses (including feline injection site sarcoma)
- A little bit of (relevant!) cancer biology, how we can use it to interpret pathologist’s reports, and how to make treatment decisions when no “standard” treatment exists.
- Principles of cancer chemotherapy, different types of medical anticancer treatment including metronomic chemotherapy and tyrosine kinase inhibitors
- Types of radiation therapy available and when to refer
- Other anti-cancer therapies worthy of consideration.
- Approach to soft tissue masses; diagnostic steps and differential diagnoses including histiocytic sarcomas
- All about the feline injection site sarcoma
All about bone tumours & splenic tumours
- Approach to a bone tumour; diagnostic steps and differential diagnoses.
- Osteosarcomas; diagnosis, staging and the latest on different treatments available including limb-spare surgeries as well as palliative options
- Approach to splenic tumours, with and without haemoabdomen
- All about haemangiosarcomas; different types and different prognoses; diagnosis, differential diagnoses, medical and surgical management
All about the approach….. to intranasal tumours, oral tumours, anal gland and urogenital tumours.
- Looking at the diagnostic approach and management of oral, nasal, anal gland and urogenital tumours. Covering:
- Making the diagnosis
- Assessing the risk / presence of metastasis
- Options for medical, surgical and other means of treatment
- Potential pitfalls in management
- Key points in the management for patients on a budget.
- Course conclusion
MA VetMB MVetMed MANZCVS(SAM) DACVIM(Oncology)
American Specialist in Veterinary Oncology
Owen graduated from Cambridge University in 2005 and worked in a rural practice for three years before undertaking a rotating internship and then two years of work for charities, at first in India and then back in the UK. In 2011 he moved to work in a large hospital practice and emergency centre where he focused on general medicine, and in 2014 he moved to the Royal Veterinary College to further specialize in veterinary oncology. After completing his residency term at the Royal Veterinary College he started work for Highcroft Referrals in 2017.
Owen passed examinations to award him membership of the Australian & New Zealand College of Veterinary Scientists (chapter of Small Animal Medicine) in 2012 and passed speciality examinations of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine in 2017. He was awarded American Specialist status (Veterinary Oncology) in 2018. Owen holds a Master’s degree based on research into canine lymphoma and is interested in all aspects of medical oncology, especially haematopoietic malignancies, targeted therapy for cancer and paraneoplastic disease.
Session 1 – Wednesday 16 January 2019 2pm-4pm
Session 2 – Wednesday 30th January 2019 2pm-4pm
Session 3 – Wednesday 13th February 2019 2pm-4pm
Easy To Attend!
No special equipment required...just a decent broadband connection
Can't Make One Of The Live Events?
It doesn’t matter……all sessions are recorded and you have access to them for a full 12 months after the course.
Just £347 +VAT*
* overseas customers outside the EU will not be charged VAT. Overseas customers in the EU; provide your VAT number and we will refund the VAT.
100% Money Back Guarantee
Buy with absolute confidence as your purchase is protected by our 100%, no quibble money-back guarantee
Very thorough and comprehensive courses. The course notes are a great addition too.