Superb idea for CPD in the comfort of your own home.
12 months access gives me plenty of time to do it. That is what is great about your courses.
- Learn how to get the right diagnosis- fast!
- The supportive care you need to give your patient the best chance
- Essential Practical Tips to get better outcomes
- You have a whole year’s access to recorded sessions and study notes for reviewing key points
- Superb value for money - you learn without travelling or paying for accommodation, childcare or petcare
- Watch the live meetings OR the recordings on your iPad, mobile, PC or tablet
- Self-assessment quiz to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification
- Understand fluid resuscitation techniques
- Discuss advantages and disadvantages of orogastric intubation and gastric trocharisation
- Critically evaluate radiographs to differentiate gastric dilatation from GDV
- Discuss surgical principles and tips to optimize outcome
- Discuss the merits of prophylactic gastropexy
Intestinal Surgery – tips and tricks
- Improve your interpretation of radiographs and ultrasonography for obstructive lesions of the small and large intestine and gastrointestinal perforation
- Intraoperative decision making for management of simple and linear foreign bodies, duodenal ulceration, intussusception and intestinal torsion
- Pros and cons of enteroplication will be discussed
- Optimise your post-operative care of patients following gastrointestinal surgery
How to manage a Haemoabdomen
- Optimise patient stabilization prior to surgery for management of haemoabdomen.
- A rational approach to staging investigations and prognostic assessment prior to surgery will be discussed
- Tips and tricks for improving splenectomy technique will be covered, in addition to management of haemorrhage from other sites
MA VetMB CertVDI CertSAS FHEA DipECVS MRCVS
Zoë graduated in 2001 from Cambridge University and spent two years working in a busy first opinion practice in Surrey, before moving to The Royal Veterinary College to complete a rotating internship in Small Animal Medicine and Surgery. She subsequently completed a Senior Clinical Training Scholarship in Small Animal Surgery and became a European Specialist in Small Animal Surgery in 2008. Zoë is currently a Senior Lecturer in Small Animal Surgery. She is particularly interested in Emergency Surgery and Traumatology, Management of ureteric obstruction and Skin Reconstructive techniques.
BVetMed (Hons) MVetMed CertVDI DipECVS MRCVS
Nicola graduated in 2006 from the Royal Veterinary College (RVC) and spent one year in first opinion practice in Maidenhead. Nicola started a rotating internship in Small Animal Medicine and Surgery at the RVC in 2007. After more time in general practice in Caterham, she gained the title of Senior Clinical Training Scholar in Surgery at the RVC in 2009 whereby she achieved a certificate in Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging and a Masters in Veterinary Medicine. Nicola became a European Specialist in Small Animal Surgery in 2013 and is a lecturer in Small Animal Surgery at the Royal Veterinary College. Nicola is particularly interested in minimally invasive surgery, oncologic surgery, ureteric obstruction and traumatology.
Session 1 – Friday 25th August 2017 2pm-4pm
Session 2 – Friday 8th September 2017 2pm-4pm
Session 3 – Friday 22nd September 2017 2pm-4pm
Easy To Attend!
No special equipment required...just a decent broadband connection
Can't Make One Of The Live Events?
It doesn’t matter……all sessions are recorded and you have access to them for a full 12 months after the course.
Just £327 +VAT*
* overseas customers outside the EU will not be charged VAT. Overseas customers in the EU; provide your VAT number and we will refund the VAT.
100% Money Back Guarantee
Buy with absolute confidence as your purchase is protected by our 100%, no quibble money-back guarantee
Very thorough and comprehensive courses. The course notes are a great addition too.